1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hello Everyone electrical help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 08:40 PM
randylattimer@hotmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello Everyone electrical help please

I have recently purchased a 1991 D250 Cummins 5.9 L. The truck can sit for a few months and then start, and other times it sits for a day and no starts.

It has died completely on me now. It was turning over slowly and not enough compression to fire it up. I put in a new battery - no diff- changed the starter -no diff- changed the ground cable and the positive cable that runs to the starter - this gave it a little more effort in starting and then I heard that click-click-click noise that my brand new starter was making and I lost all electric. The overhead engine light is even out.

Does anyone know what would cause a complete failure in electrical system. Are there fuses or relays that I need to check. I Have been working on this for nearly a month now.

Thankyou for reading my thread.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Oil burners aren't my specialty.... So, I will move this to the first gen ram section for ya. Good luck, and, welcome to DF.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:33 PM
grantshultz1994
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have to have a bad ground somewhere... check ALL grounds

Quick Reply: Hello Everyone electrical help please