1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck won't turn over

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Fubba
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck won't turn over

Okay guys, I have an 83 with a 318. It wouldn't crank this morning, just kept clicking every time I turned the key. I thought the battery must be dead. I hooked a Suburban up to it, revved to 3000rpm, still got the clicking. Headlights, stereo, and all electronics work. So then, I bypassed the starter relay, with a 12 gauge wire. Starter worked. Went to the parts store to buy another relay. Put it on and I'm getting the clicking again. What the heck is going on? This makes no sense. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:59 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Truck won't turn over

Is it the starter solenoid? My stupid starter on occassion won't crank, just click. It doesn't seem to be consistant at all, just sometimes it won't want to crank.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:30 AM
Chump
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Truck won't turn over

Make sure the battery cables are squeeky clean and tight on both ends. Also check your engine ground wires.

Quick Reply: Truck won't turn over