1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1990 W150 Initial Brake Drag

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 07:29 PM
allparman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 W150 Initial Brake Drag

Hello All,

I have a '90 W150 that I bought recently and it has an interesting issue. Right at startup when I put it in drive the brakes seem to lock up and not allow me to move, I have to rev it up quite high before I get motion. Yet when I put it in reverse it moves freely. Once underway if I come to a stop and go again it does not seem to be a problem. I will be jacking it up and investigating shortly, I just wondered if anyone has had this happen to them as well?

Old 10-12-2016, 07:05 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Never had that issue with mine. But make sure the calipers are not stuck and you grease the sliders.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:01 AM
allparman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I jacked up each wheel individually, the right rear is the one grabbing. I took it for a couple mile test drive and that drum was very warm, almost burned my finger. I will be tearing it apart here shortly next week, hopefully it's just a bad wheel cylinder or stuck hardware.

Quick Reply: 1990 W150 Initial Brake Drag