1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question on Fuel line routing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 10:52 AM
BAMurray
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Fuel line routing

I have a 1990 dodge w150 and I'm going to be running all new fuel and brake lines. the person who owned the truck before me has already tapped into the fuel lines. I am looking for a diagram of the OEM routing because I would like to use the OEM filter and need to know the proper location and routing. Thank you in advance!

Old 03-12-2017, 11:29 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

some manufacturers make complete pre-bent brake and fuel line kits for $250. maybe there is one available for your truck?

if your end up making your own brake lines, try copper nickel lines. It costs more but is the best product to work with and will not rust. Just make sure it is secured to the frame to protect it from vibration. Steel lines and zinc coated steel lines are harder to bend, easier to kink and will have surface rust in 6months if not coated with rocker guard after installation.

fuel filter location can be inside the frame rail away from a heat source or in the engine compartment away from a heat source. I believe they could have been built either way depending of the vehicle build.

Last edited by primem; 03-12-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

You should have two of them, One before the filter and one after. The filter is mounted on the frame.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:52 PM
BAMurray
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pre-bent lines are not available from the OE. and yes I have the copper nickle line, that's what I am using for both brake and fuel, I would just like to route it like it originally would have been and need a diagram or somebody who has a picture of theirs so I can model off of it.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:02 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

my service info doesn't show it....to old. offer the dealer $20 to dig out an old factory service manual or maybe find a truck in a wrecker you can look at.

Its not rocket science....look and any truck and follow it. they are pretty much all the same.

rear axle to flex hose to frame to m/c. on some makes the r/f hose goes around the rad support, on others it goes along the firewall.