1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help/advice wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 02:53 PM
86DAN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help/advice wanted!

Hello guys, new to the forum. Just looking to see what some of you experienced members think. Picked up an 86 dodge ram D-150 a few months back. Turns out the motor Is tired and needed to be replaced. Picked up a rebuilt 318 over the weekend with some mods done to it and I'm wondering what you guys think.. it has a purple shaft, 340 intake, 360 heads, double roller timing chain, high volume fuel pump, high volume oil pump, windage tray, and a forged crank. The motor is apparently out of a 73 runner. Just wondering what you think of those mods done together. Also needs a carb just deciding how big i want to go. Want to get decent gas mileage out of this thing.. whatever that is lol let me know what you think about the motor and what carb you would recommend

Thanks

Old 07-29-2017, 08:07 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

I would have went for a 360 instead(direct bolt in) or you could use a magnum 360. Get a spread bore carb, It will run off the smaller primaries until you get into it then it will open the larger secondaries.