1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Old school Mopar

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 11:23 AM
D Patton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Old school Mopar

Hello new to the forum but I enjoy reading and learning. At the moment I have an 84 Dodge 150 p/u. that is 60% complete. Lowered suspension to 7" off the ground using W150 bottom a-arms and flipped the rear on top of the leaves. Pulled the 318 and put in a 360 cranking 425hp on the dyno. Using 3spd auto and chrysler 8.25 on the rear. Rides and guides great but stopping is a problem. Have all new rear drums but constantly adjusting up. They are a bit weak to begin with. Looking for disc conversion for the back but no of course makes a kit for the oldies. Any suggestions or remedies will be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:51 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Looking for disc conversion for the back but no of course makes a kit for the oldies.
Actually i think wilwood does but it aint cheap. You can swap in a rear(9 1/4) from a newer ram that has rear disks from the factory. Google search is your friend...
https://www.performanceonline.com/MO...onversion-Kit/

Old 09-18-2017, 03:18 AM
D Patton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip I will research them further. I e-mailed this company with a picture of the rear end and my vin #. They said nothing is available for trucks of the 80's. I would think that the rear axles had not changed from 74 to 88 but I may be wrong.