1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

abs brakes light on dash

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 12:40 PM
petit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs brakes light on dash

i have a 1993 dodge d250 with a one ton front and rear end . i just replaced the brakes all the way around but when i start engine all warning lights will go off for a minute then the ABS and parking brake warning lights come on , i have bled the brakes and checked everything i can think off does anyone out there have any ideas on what to check. thanks

Old 11-04-2017, 08:28 AM
newtjr
Amateur
Exclamation abs light on

I have the same problem. Mine happened after master cylinder replacement. I replace brake light switch, no help. Also check sensor on rear axle. Let me know if you found a fix. Thanks

Old 11-30-2017, 01:28 PM
newtjr
Amateur
Default brake/abs warning light on.

I took care of my problem. There is an abs valve with a bleeder screw above the left rear wheel. Also, I found corrosion in the connector to the abs sensor mounted on the rear axle. Hope this helps.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:00 PM
Brown Bag

Same thing happened to me after I did a complete brake line replacement and brakes. I also replaced the ABS valve mounted to the frame at rear and the sensor on axle.
I did not replace the sensor on the rear diff.

The parking brake and ABS light still wont go off. Any solutions/advice out there?

I'm about ready to get into the dash and delete the warning lights.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:28 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

probably air in the lines somewhere. no need to pull the bulbs. just unplug the abs module behind the glove box should turn the light off unless there is still air in the line causing the proportioning valve to keep the brake light on