1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trying to fix stalling issue

Old 01-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Joyboy13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
ok as long as it isn't a Bosch. their design for these trucks is completely different than stock and junk. i am pretty sure i got a denso in mine and it runs pretty good but it was free. if you are going to try removing the sensor make sure to do it while the engine is super hot. i think it will be nearly impossible to change it while the engine is cold. i thought i was going to snap the one in my 93 when i was removing it with a pipe wrench lol. this is also why i suggested possibly relocating it to the y-pipe if you can't get it out. installing it in the y-pipe would make it easier to get at if needed and should give the computer a better idea of what is going on instead of only getting a reading off the 1 side only.
Yeah. I’ve read that you can use a blowtorch and a think of PB Blaster to get it out. I figured out that it has a massive vacuum leak, then we broke one of the connectors in the plastic vacuum line going into the EGR valve. Planning on pulling engine and replacing the vacuum lines along with other parts too

Old 01-08-2018, 05:37 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

you could always just plug any broken vacuum lines for not just to see if you can get it running right. i had the vacuum brake booster on my 89 disconnected for a while when i first got it and it seemed to run pretty good for the most part. just didn't like to idle when warm.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trying to fix stalling issue