1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Newbie question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 08:45 PM
rgdailey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie question

Born again newbie, here. I have a '77 Dodge D200 Adventurer with 42,000 miles. It had been sitting for18 years, and is now on the road. I have 2 questions today. 1) After a year, I finally found the stock poly driver side tank. Does any one have plumbing instructions? It has rear aux, and the little diverter solenoid on passenger side. I see where main and filler vent go on sender, but what do I do with that little breather hole forward of sending unit? 2) original owner had old Tommy Lift installed. I removed, and his grandson found the brand-spankin' new tailgate in his barn (great for matching paint). Alas, striker plates and tubes have been cut off. I don't know what they are supposed to look like. Does anyone know of a universal kit that would work, or have a photo of the striker plates so that I might have them fabricated? Great to be here, and thanks in advance.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:15 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Finding a service manual for your truck would make your life easier.......

Welcome to DF!

Old 04-01-2018, 01:49 PM
rgdailey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick response, Hey You. I have the Haynes, as well as the giant service manual for this truck. Tank plumbing is vague, doesn't show how to plumb 2 tanks. Also no mention of Striker plates, just tailgate hardware. Have no Dodge guys in my area, or I'd just go look at theirs. Trouble is, everything is absolute stock and some parts are more than hard to find, as well as solutions to seemingly simple problems.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Try LMC truck for some of the more esoteric parts, sometimes, you can get lucky.

Another option might be car-part.com. They can be a good source to find used parts.....

Quick Reply: Newbie question