1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

89 D150 318 fuel pump module

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 02:51 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by george6418
I took my fuel pump module to TRI-STARR in Seneca Falls N.Y. After driving this truck daily for a month i have not had any problems. Tri Starr did an excellent job rebuilding this unit... as replacements are impossible to find. (www.tristarrradiator.com)
you wouldn't mind sharing an approximate cost would you? i am hoping i never have issue but it is always a good idea to know just in case

Old 05-13-2019, 08:19 PM
george6418
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

200+- i was able to hand deliver and ( a great day trip in the finger lakes) pick up my unit so shipping and handling wasn't included. I also got to meet Dan and visit his shop. very cool. But its always good to call and get a quote..

Old 06-08-2019, 04:14 PM
RedRam100

That was a huge problem when we started working on my Kid’s 89 D100. I put a Holley billet retrofit module. We use a hole saw and cut a new hole in the plastic tank. I left the old module intact. The fuel gauge works using the original float. The new retrofit has hydromat instead of the old filter in the tank to ensure it uses all of the fuel onboard. The new one also is a larger Walbro style pump with a return. We can use it for EFI or it will work if we put a power adder on like a Procharger or NOS.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:54 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRam100
That was a huge problem when we started working on my Kid’s 89 D100. I put a Holley billet retrofit module. We use a hole saw and cut a new hole in the plastic tank. I left the old module intact. The fuel gauge works using the original float. The new retrofit has hydromat instead of the old filter in the tank to ensure it uses all of the fuel onboard. The new one also is a larger Walbro style pump with a return. We can use it for EFI or it will work if we put a power adder on like a Procharger or NOS.
that seems like a huge waste of money and more butchering of hard to find parts. you could have spent about $40 on a new fuel pump to replace the stock one in the sending unit and it would have done the job just fine. fixing them as long as the gauge works is simple. it is when the gauge sending unit fails that it can get expensive or tricky to fix. i have replaced fuel pumps on multiple sending units and as long as it is all done properly they usually last. they are also usually good for efi. i have the same fuel pump hooked to my fitech that i was using to run the stock TBI on my 89 when i first got it. the fuel pressure regulator just returns what it doesn't need.

Old 10-07-2021, 05:26 PM
Rjhietb1

Originally Posted by george6418
I took my fuel pump module to TRI-STARR in Seneca Falls N.Y. After driving this truck daily for a month i have not had any problems. Tri Starr did an excellent job rebuilding this unit... as replacements are impossible to find. (www.tristarrradiator.com)
Hi there! Did you by chance have them repair the plastic housing on top? I called them and they told me they would stick a steel wire through it to repair the plastic housing, though that is not very feasible in my case as the plastic has become so brittle.

Quick Reply: 89 D150 318 fuel pump module