1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering Problem 93 W150 - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 04:44 AM
Brown Bag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you're right about the aftermarket Pittman, I'll switch it back to the stock one.
The drag link is not adjustable---NAPA replacement part. Matched the stock link well but I haven't cleared it of suspicion yet.

I'm slow getting around to moving forward, finding a solution but I will.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:20 AM
Brown Bag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Fixed thanks to the good advice from many here

Sorry for letting this thread get stagnant and I want to finish it off. I had a personal matter that took several weeks of my attention, so I hope I'm not viewed as a scofflaw around these parts.

I work on historic structures and often the are several causes to one problem and the steering on my truck was multiple little things.
  1. switching to a borgeson shaft and rag joint helped
  2. the tires were pretty low quality and the rubber was feathering, new BFG 30x9.5x15 helped
  3. the 2" drop pittman was removed and a stock pittman back on helped a lot. In retrospect I did not raise the truck much considering the saggy leaf springs that were removed, even though the springs were listed as 2" rise it only raised about 1"
  4. changing the caster 3 degrees helped a good bit too, the alignment shop that got it right told me that was the only adjustment they made
I did not put on a steering stabilizer.

Much thanks to those that assisted and I hope the info shared here will help others. Mopar or Nocar!

Quick Reply: Steering Problem 93 W150 - Need Advice