1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New to me and saying Hi...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 07:15 PM
eastcoastfives
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to me and saying Hi...

Hey all, I just wanted to introduce myself and my project... Last summer I stumbled upon a 1988 D150 3.9V6 TBI with a bed full of parts and a spare 5.2 EFI and trans for a little bit of nothing. I don't profess to be a Mopar guy but my father had the same truck when I was a kid and have always wanted to have a piece of him. To date I have removed the 3.9 and swapped in the 5.2 (not without some hiccups) and I now have a running D150 with a 5.2 EFI setup... Through the process I have become very aware of how this swap and setup works so I hope to be able to contribute in some way to this forum and the users - Next up is sending out the drive-shaft to be shortened, I have obtained the correct slip yoke as well. I also have a front/rear lowering kit to install and a set of 18" 5x120 wheels / tires to install courtesy of adapers / spacers - Once the desired drop is accomplished I will spend a bit of time modifying the front bumper and likey a rear roll pan... It's all starting to come together now... Cheers!

88 D150

The following users liked this post:
Bakerdozer (02-16-2020)

Quick Reply: New to me and saying Hi...