1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

prindle needle

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 04:42 PM
myomass2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prindle needle

I can't get the needle pointer to show in the viewing pane. Can I access it to repair or adjust it so it works. I have the instrument cluster removed. Thanks Kurt

Old 04-23-2021, 06:12 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 389 Likes on 366 Posts

You posted twice on the same subject, At least the other post has vehicle info.
prindle needle
???
You may want to explain you problem, I am assuming you mean the dash gauge needle?

Pintle is also a common term used in the design of aircraft landing gears. It describes the attachment point between the landing gear structure and the aircraft structure. The pintle is the bolt around which the landing gear rotates when it is extended/retracted into/out of the aircraft.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...21-needle.html

Old 04-23-2021, 09:12 AM
myomass2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Moparite, thanks for the response. I just acquired a very nice 1986 dodge D100 I'm working on restoring. I apologize for the second post. When I made the first one (literally) I noticed it said I was off line. So I reposted. PRINDLE is a widely used term in the auto industry to describe the PRND21 gear position indicator in the gauge cluster behind the steering column. It has a needle that points to the designated gear your transmission is in. Has a small cable that's spring loaded and attaches to a ladder type bracket welded to the column that rotates when the shifter arm is actuated. I found after removing it from the gauge cluster last night that the needle itself was broken off. I located the broken off needle made a little jig and made a solid repair with supper glue. it's now reinstalled and adjusted. Works nearly perfect. Thanks, just a newbie trying to navigate a new site. Just trying to get my new Mopar right. Lol

Quick Reply: prindle needle