1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

78 seat belt mounting

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 09:20 PM
Machomur
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 78 seat belt mounting

I ordered new belts for my 78 D100 with bucket seats from LMC Truck. The inside (female) part that bolts to the floor behind the back right corner of the seat has no bend at the mounting point and so will only bolt parallel to the floor. Is there supposed to be a bracket that bolts to the floor and the belt to the bracket? Or did they send belts for a bench seat? If anyone can post a picture that would be great. Thanks.

Old 02-02-2022, 10:17 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Machomur
I ordered new belts for my 78 D100 with bucket seats from LMC Truck. The inside (female) part that bolts to the floor behind the back right corner of the seat has no bend at the mounting point and so will only bolt parallel to the floor. Is there supposed to be a bracket that bolts to the floor and the belt to the bracket? Or did they send belts for a bench seat? If anyone can post a picture that would be great. Thanks.

They usually bolt flat to the floor with the slot turned towards the seat so it pulls flat if you hit something. There may be a slight upwards bend, but there might not. I've had several trucks and Ramchargers over the years like yours, but I never really paid attention to the seat belt mounting. LMC generally has pretty good quality so it may be what was original.

Old 02-03-2022, 03:03 PM
BeauDuke01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ordered seat belt l brackets from jegs to mount mine

Quick Reply: 78 seat belt mounting