1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel pump replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2022, 08:44 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

depends what you need. sure if you need only 1 thing it doesn't make sense but if your buying enough or expensive stuff you save quite a bit. also sometimes ordering stuff you don't need immediately but will eventually like wiper blades or oil filters can help get you more for your shipping. heck there has been sometimes i have been able to order about 12 wiper blades before it changed the shipping cost. got 4 vehicles that use the same length wiper and found they fit many other vehicles nicely. you can also get them for much cheaper than local parts store. $5 for a nice brand name beam style wiper. same type at local store is at least $15+.

Old 10-09-2022, 09:24 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

Another thing is if they don't have everything in one warehouse they charge you more shipping from the other warehouse/s. Ra should do something about shipping heavier parts, You pay more shipping it that you can get it for locally. And i still can find parts they don't have so "all the parts your car will ever need " is wrong!

Old 10-09-2022, 09:31 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

I ordered parts for my tractor from RA at one point. Of course, all the parts were shipped from UK/Europe.... (for a gravely tractor... american made... but, really old.) The order went thru, but then, I find out, that the only thing that was in stock, as the points for the distributor. 12.95 for the part, over 50 bucks for shipping..... Had they bothered to inform me that the points were the only part available, I would have canceled the order...... almost 70 dollars for a 12 dollar part? No thanks.

Old 10-09-2022, 12:58 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

well they let you know what shipping will be before you order and never had them list parts that were not available unless that is something they used to do a long time ago. i have been ordering from them for 10 or more years and anything they have listed in stock they have unless the parts are special order. they also have quite the selection of parts and tools available now also. i ordered master cylinder, timing set and water pump for 71 dart and shipping was only $31 and the whole order together was $105. the most expensive thing i have likely had shipped from rockauto was the $92 shipping on the 2 front drums i ordered with a bunch of other stuff but drums where only $28 and as i have learned finding parts for this thing locally is a pain. paid $50 to have 1 wheel cylinder ship to the local parts store from about 3000km away when could have got it from rockauto for much cheaper especially when you get the rest for about $6 each. the crappy part was didn't even need that wheel cylinder. replaced them just to be safe with how cheap they were

Last edited by crazzywolfie; 10-09-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump replacement