1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

torq converter

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
sidsdodge92
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default torq converter

92 dodge 150 318 engine how can i disable the torque converter lock up or what ever that button does on the dash..?
im sick and tired of that thing engaging all the time.........the button dont work any more so thats out.....
is there a fuse to disable the darn thing ?

Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm not really sure what you're considering on the dash. That should be an OverDrive lockout switch under the radio to limit the trans in direct gear or 3rd. The torque converter you wouldn't want to lockout or disable. What issues are you having you don't want it engaging. Everything should be pretty seamless on a properly functioning transmission.

Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM
sidsdodge92
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bad shimmy about 35-40 what ever that button does on the dash its the culprit.... right now it dont work no light no nuttin.. getting tired of this truck and its problems , i do love dodges but ive had about enough...
light was on the button then i went in the dash to put the button back where it belonged and the light no longer comes on and i can not turn that what ever it is off....
as long as im doing 70 its all good but i do like to just cruise 25--40 but can not do that with out dropping a gear manually then the engine revs up to high.

Last edited by sidsdodge92; Yesterday at 08:30 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,354 Likes on 3,096 Posts

Check the electrical connector for it. Its a really simple circuit, and all it does is return a voltage to the PCM.....

Quick Reply: torq converter