1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got To Force Spark

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 02:25 PM
cottrells
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got To Force Spark

It's a 90 W250 4x4 four speed throttle body injection. At times it won't start warm or cold. I run a jumper from the battery to the coil and it starts fine. Pull the wire off and she is good to go. Turn it off and it restarts fine until the next time. Mayby a day, a month or more. Had It sence new. Done it sence about 40000 miles. got 151000 on it and sill runs like new. Got the 360 in it. Any ideas?

Old 11-02-2006, 04:55 PM
dodgedakotacrazy
Professional
Default RE: Got To Force Spark

coil?? electronic box...forgot what its called..maybe that....

Old 11-03-2006, 11:34 AM
cottrells

Thanks Crazy. The coil checks out fine. And the computer post codes say everything is fine even when it won't start. There is no juice to the coil until I jump it. Anybody have trouble with the fuse box? Half of mine went dead. Had to run a jumper from the good side to the bad to get lights ect. to work.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:39 PM
TW

Check out the key switch, I have seen a few burn out the contact inside. I have also seen them get hot enough to burn a hole inside the stirring stem plastic bottom cover.

Quick Reply: Got To Force Spark