2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Uconnect

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 PM
fenderman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect

Hey, Just got my RT. Love it (except the arm rest in too rough - i got the DVD rear system and the armrest is different than the regular RT). I am having trouble with the bluetooth in the mygig. The phone pairs with the system but when I try to make a call or receive, nothing happens. If i try to use the the handset to make the call, i cannot hear anything. Any ideas? Im using a Motorola Razor V3m.

Thanks

Old 06-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Cip
Default RE: Uconnect

I posted this before it may help you out.

1.) First you need to hit the voice training feature.

2.) Train your voice to the car the woman comes over the speaker and tells you how to do this. They will make you pick a password as well.

3.) After your voice is trained you can select the features just by talking after the option is given and you here the tone.

4.) Go to your Cell phone and get into the blue tooth section first. There should be a section that says find device.

5.) Go to the dash and hit the u connect button and wait to here the options. It will say u connect set up. It will then ask what you want to do EG. MAKE A CALL / ADDRESS BOOK etc etc You want the option that says pair a phone. Say pair a phone when you here the tone and seach for the device with your cell phone. You phone should say FOUND U CONNECT.

6.) Every time you want to use the U Connect in your car you have to connect your phone to it but seleting it on your phone. Once the phone says connected you can make calls Hit the U connect button and it will tell you if your connected or not. You can make calls two ways saying the number aloud, pressing the number on you phone, or saying the name. The name will only work if you go through and save each and every number to the car first. Get the the phone book section and there is an option to add a name. then you can add your contacts by just talking. I sat in my car for an hour one night an programed all my numbers in the address book by just talking. They are stored and now when I want to make a call I

1.) turn blue tooth on on my phone
2.) connect to uconnect from my phone
3.) hit the uconnect botton on my car and it says Carmen is connected then wait for the tone or the list of options. CALL ADDRESS BOOK etc etc
4.) I say call
5.) the its says please say the name or number or you can just dial.

I hope this helps. I have a Moto Razor as well and it works great you just have some innital set up **** to go through.

If you have more trouble take i to the dealer and have them walk you through it. If it says not avaiable that meens there is no cell phone connected to the car. Mine says the same thing only when my phone is off or not connected.

Good Luck!

Old 06-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Barry626
Rookie

ORIGINAL: fenderman

Hey, Just got my RT. Love it (except the arm rest in too rough - i got the DVD rear system and the armrest is different than the regular RT). I am having trouble with the bluetooth in the mygig. The phone pairs with the system but when I try to make a call or receive, nothing happens. If i try to use the the handset to make the call, i cannot hear anything. Any ideas? Im using a Motorola Razor V3m.

Thanks
I had a Motorola V710 & paired perfect with my car.
On 6/12 my contract was up for new phone. I bought Razor V3m.
Not compatible with the Avenger Uconnect. Why no idea?
I had the tech. come outside with 2 Motorola & 2 LG's and known would work correctly.
Finally @ end I asked to try one more time with a "MOTOKRZR" works perfectly in every way!

You need to try out various phones till u get one that works. Sorry to say!

Old 06-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Barry626
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Cip

1.) turn blue tooth on on my phone
2.) connect to uconnect from my phone
If your phone pairs correctly with car "Compatible"?
No need to do first two steps u listed...
My car pairs moment I get in car no need to do above?

Old 06-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Cip

I guess that would work I always turn off the blue toothwhen not in the carto conserve battery life.only down size sucks the **** out of them.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:17 PM
fenderman

Thanks. My phone does connect (pair). But when i try to dial via voice it accepts the command but then just gives me 2 beeps and goes back to radio. When I try to dial via the phone it dials on the phone but i cannot hear anything on the phone and the uconnect does not respond. The phone works properly in my dads camry.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:10 AM
Barry626
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Cip

I guess that would work I always turn off the blue toothwhen not in the carto conserve battery life.only down size sucks the **** out of them.
I keep mine off all the time to.
If phone & car are 100% compatible they will sync up as u enter car.
Meaning: u never need to turn bluetooth on in your phone, car does it.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:14 AM
Barry626
Rookie

ORIGINAL: fenderman

Thanks. My phone does connect (pair). But when i try to dial via voice it accepts the command but then just gives me 2 beeps and goes back to radio. When I try to dial via the phone it dials on the phone but i cannot hear anything on the phone and the uconnect does not respond. The phone works properly in my dads camry.
I know exactly what your talking about.
Telling u I went thru 4 phones & yours is not 100% compatible with Uconnect.
Might work in Camry but all systems are different in various cars.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Cip

I never new that I have been living a lie lol

Old 06-27-2007, 02:39 PM
fenderman

Barry,
Did you test the standard razor or just the v3m? I might just swap phones with my dad.
thanks

Quick Reply: Uconnect