2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Couple of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Earn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of Questions

I just picked up my Black avenger from getting leather installed. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer. How do I silence the horn so it doesn't blow everytime I lock my doors with the remote? Any ideas where I can get a black dodge emblem for the from to replace the chrome one it came with? I'm going for the blcak on black look and plan on getting black wheels and tint in the very near future. I did go with grey leatrher though.

The cooler is great but it doesnt work with the car off. Anyone have any stats on how quicly it will go from warm drink to cool?

I can't wait to start adding things to my car. I hope I can find some performance type add ons to give it a little more horse power.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:21 PM
regandon
Professional
Default RE: Couple of Questions

On page 25 of the owners manual it states to press the lock button for at lest four seconds, no longer than ten seconds. Then press the panic button while still holding the lock button.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Earn

Awesome thanks. I quickly scanned the manual but didnt find the answer. I think the model I bought is the low end SE so I dont dont have the computer option which someone mentioned in another post for turning it off.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Earn

Im also wanting to remove all the rear emblems. I just read that a blow dryer or heat gun and some detal floss is the best way to do it. I only want to leave the fron temblem which I plan on painting black if I cant buy a black one somewhere.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:44 PM
regandon
Professional

The hair dryer will work just fine, as not much heat is needed. Just heat it up and use the floss, then follow up with WD40 or bug removerto remove anyadhesivethat is left over. Just remember to rewax that area.

Quick Reply: Couple of Questions