2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Verizon LG Voyager and MyGIG Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
KaptainObvious
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Verizon LG Voyager and MyGIG Compatibility

futil, the suspense is killing me... Any news on the HB myGig update? I just purchased an 08 Avenger with myGig Infotainment and it pairs fine with my LG VX8700 but that's it. Can't use it otherwise, keeps disconnecting whenever I try to make/receive calls.

I have been toying with the idea of applying the infamous 9.561 update.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The MyGIG update has been pushed back to later this month and I'm not quite sure what it will include now when it is released.. meaning if they will add the cell phone fix or not.

I also want to go to Verizon and update the Voyager to V06 as that is supposed to address a lot of issues as well.. Just go to Verizon and tell them you want your phone upgraded to the latest firmware and if they ask you if you will be using 8 GB cards say yes as that is one of the main reasons why they usually justify installing the update.. Although I don't have any problems with my 8 GB card there is some reason for it. Just the Verizon firmware update alone may fix this issue.. Its supposed to add quite a few new features as well so I would definitely do it when you get the chance.. I mean you can kind of blame both MyGIG and LG for the incompatibility issues since older phones will work with MyGIG.. So while were waiting try the Verizon update..

I have been so busy lately I haven't had the time to go and get it done.. (Im rewiring my entire house and putting in a 200 amp load center).

You can install the unofficial 9.561 update if you like and it wont cause any problemsas long as you install it correctly.. Even though it didn't really fix anything that I was looking for I am glad that I installed it and just not having to press accept every time you start your car is nice.. But in this case it wont fix your phone incompatibility issues or if you have the missing volume bug.

Trust me, I am just as anxious as you to get the newest official update.. But we just have to wait a while longer before its released..

I am on the top of the list for outgoing update CDs so as soon as the update CD arrives I will rip it immediately and post it for you to download. Keep checking the first post of the "MyGIG Software Upgrade" post asI update that whenever there is a change or wheneverI receive a new CD.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:59 PM
futil
Veteran

Please disregard this post.. I was wrong.. Read the next post for explanation..
Sorry for the mistake..

Good news VerizonVoyager owners!

I finally got around to updating the software in my phone.. I went to the Verizon store and told them that I wanted to upgrade my phone to the latest software version which the tech at Verizon said was Version 5. After the update, my phone's software version reads VX10KV07 which would lead me to believe that the software version is really Version 07.. But anyway..

After I left the store, I went to my car and tried pairing the phone with MyGIG's uConnect, then made a few calls to check it out.. And IT WORKS!

So Anyone that owns a Verizon LG Voyager and is having problems getting it working with uConnect, Go to a Verizon store and have them update your software version to fix the issue.

They shouldn't give you a hard time about the update but if they do, tell them that you have an 8GB card that isn't working correctly with it and that you cant get the phone to work with your car's bluetooth and this update will fix those issues.

They will probably tell you that your contact information "May" be lost but All of my contacts, pictures, notes and settings were saved after the update.. Only my bluetooth pairings were removed so you will likely have to re-pair all of your bluetooth devices again.

The user interface looks about the same however there is a "Set" button added to the menu when you single click on the screen which allows you to move your icons around but aside of that I didn't see any major changes.

The software update took 45 minutes and it was free so it only cost me gas and my time..

Anyone that owns a different phone other than the Voyager and is having problems connecting to uConnect with it, call Verizon to see if a new software update was released for your phone. Hopefully there is a new software release and they addressed that issue in it.

I had gotten used to not using uConnect in the car and it is weirdhaving it back again.. Its like having a new feature all over again..

Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
futil
Veteran

Well.. Once again I spoke too soon.. I got in my car this morning and the LG Voyager and uConnect were back to non speaking terms.. The phone and uConnect would connect then drop blue tooth connections every 30 seconds and would not let me make calls again.. I had to remove the pairing so that I could use the phone near my car again..

So the software update on the Voyager didn't change anything.. Sucks the way it worked for a day getting me all excited then psyche! I was assed out.. So unfortunately were back to hoping that the new MyGIG patch will address the issue.

Sorry to everyone that I made go out and get their phones patched for nothing.. I really need to learn to wait a week before reporting fixes..

Quick Reply: Verizon LG Voyager and MyGIG Compatibility