2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Verizon LG Voyager and MyGIG Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:33 AM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Verizon LG Voyager and MyGIG Compatibility

Hey Guys,

I had an LG VX8100 that synced up with the MyGIG radio bluetooth and hands free worked fine butI just purchased an LG Voyager (VX10000) phone from Verizon and while it can physically connect to the radio via bluetooth theMyGIG simply does not work asa hands free unit.

Incoming calls arererouted to the Radio but no sound/mic functions work, and the bluetooth connection is frequently dropped then reconnected. Outgoing calls started from MyGIG just sit there waiting for the phone to dial but the phone never actually dials so the command times out.

I was curious if anyone has an LG Voyager and successfully got it working with their MyGIG radio, and if they are not compatible where do you guys think I should go to request a compatibility firmware flash.. Verizon, or Dodge? (Lord knows I have a laundry list of newMyGIG flash feature requests anyway)

It really sucks cause every other bluetooth device I own connects just fine with the new phone but the most expensive and desirable bluetooth feature that I want to work (My car) does not and I have a feeling the end result will be me having to buy an aftermarket hands free unit for the car which sucks cause then it wont be integrated with the radio.

Thanks

Old 12-04-2007, 11:02 AM
tmcc2001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Verizon LG Voyager and MyGIG Compatibility

futil,

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the MyGig system and got the LG Voyager recently also.
I'm having the exact same problems that you described - the two will connect but I can't make incoming or outgoing calls, or access my contact list.

I know you just posted this 2 days ago, but wondering if in that time you found out any way to make it work or know who to call

TJM

Old 12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
futil
Veteran

It may be a little too early for me to reply to this as I just got it working last night.. and I have no clue what I did to get it working..

But I kept removing the phone profile from the MyGIG and Removing the MyGIG profile from the phonethen kept retrying the pairing.. It took me about 30 tries to get it working correctly. I tried disabling auto pairing and enabling auto pairing then trying it again but in the end it worked with auto pairing enabled on the phone.

What I did was I brought my cordless home phone in the car with me to use as a test but you can dial any number to test it, I then tried pairing the phone,pressed the Uconnect button and tried a voice command to dial. If the cell phone just sits there and doesn'trespond then it didn't pair correctly so remove the pairing on both the phone and uconnect and try again.

Getting the pairing to workseemed to have something to do with the timing of whenI pressed the detect and connect buttons on the phone. I also tried turning off the ignition then restarting the car,

Its probably exactly what you are doing to pair the phone but this is the sequence I used:
Went into the MyGIG phone Pairing screen and selected the Pair button,
Entered in 0000 as the code,
Went into the Bluetooth Menu in the phone, Did NOT select show on the phone.
Clicked Add New Device, Waited 2 seconds, clicked the OK button to start discovering the MyGIG.
After the MyGIG was found I waited 4 seconds then selected it on the phone.
I did not click on the Connect now menu on the phone that popped up but finished setting up the Mygig options and selected the phone as primary and set it as the #1 phone.
The connect now window on the phonewent away on its own.
Then I tested the phone by clicking on the Uconnect button and using Voice commands to dial the phone.

As I said earlier.. if the phone doesn't respond, then remove all profiles and start again..
You can also try removing the pairing from the MyGIG/Uconnect only then try the pairing process again while keeping the Uconnect profile in the phone.. (Not sure if that worked for me or not.. I tried sooo many different things I lost track)

Its a pain in the *** to have to go through all that and I could not get my wife's Voyager to connect as well..after I got my Voyager working, I said screw her my phone works and that's goodenough I had my phone working but after I tried adding her phone, the same issues occurred with her phone and that screwed up my phone that WAS working at the time.. So I ended up removing all the profiles and going through the pairing procedure another 20 times until I got my phone working again.. That's when the "screw her" kicked in

But as of last night and this morningmy Voyager is paired with the car and is communicating/working correctly. I called my job today 2 times using Uconnect to make sure and thebluetooth connectiondidn't drop, the phone made the call, and worked perfectly.

So I guess the end result is the Voyagerwill work with Uconnect but you need a LOT of patients to coax it into working. There were no settings that were or could be changed to get it to work.. it was justperseverance and timing.. I just couldn't accept that the Uconnect wouldn't work with this phone whenthe phoneworks with every other current and outdated bluetooth piece of junk I own..

Oh, by the way.. If you don't get it to work and put itofffora later time thenremove the profiles from the phone/mygigotherwise your calls will get transferred to the radio and you wont have any sound/mic.. and when you switch it back to the phone the Uconnect will grab the call againevery 20 seconds.. Very annoying...

Old 12-05-2007, 10:25 AM
futil
Veteran

I knew it was too early for me to reply to that.. Well it did work correctly for a day.. But now the phone/MyGIGare back to non speaking terms as if I had never had it working in the first place.. so. I had to delete the profiles and use my ear based hands free.

I think its safe to say that at this time the LG Voyager and MyGIG are not compatible..

If I find anything out I'll keep you guys informed..

Old 12-08-2007, 04:20 PM
needforsleep
Rookie

Futil,
By any chance is your phone paired with another Uconnect device? The reason I ask is that I had a similar problem when I had my phone paired with two different cars that used the "Uconnect" name for the device. I found that I had to delete the pairings from the phone and then pair the car that I had trouble with. After that it worked fine. The other thing could be since the phone is pretty new it may need a firmware/software update.

Good luck figuring this one out.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:52 AM
futil
Veteran

It's definitely an incompatibility issue between the new phone and the MyGIG.. My old phone worked fine but the new one doesn't..

Old 12-27-2007, 12:34 PM
futil
Veteran

I contacted Harman Becker (The MyGIG manufacturer) today and they acknowledge that they "have problems with Verizon phones, LG and RAZR v3m" and theupcoming firmware update will not address that issue.

I asked them if they will address that issue in the future and am waiting for a response..

Old 12-30-2007, 01:54 PM
PTB

I have been struggling with the same issue. My Motorola Krzr worked fine, but the Voyager is having the problems you described. I have contacted the Jeep uconnect technicians, they told me to wait for a phone sw upgrade from Verizon Wireless. Verizon Wireless is supposed to get back to me, but are not currently aware of any issues or updates.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:22 AM
futil
Veteran

I just heard back fromSteve Montealegre at Harman Becker and he said "A new update should be available in about 3 weeks and the LG Verizon phone should work".

I almost fell over cause I expected him to say in about a year or so we will have it working.. I was planning on getting an after market installed solution like a Parrot, or Motorola hands free system expecting the fix to take forever but I guess I'll wait now.

I'll post the software update when I receive it to save you guys the trouble if you like..

Old 12-31-2007, 12:53 PM
PTB

That is great news! Please do post the software update. Thanks! I hope he is not referring to 9.561, because that is what I have and it is not working.

Quick Reply: Verizon LG Voyager and MyGIG Compatibility