2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MYGIG LOCKPICK

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:39 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MYGIG LOCKPICK

I just stole this from one of my previous posts..

Thecamera that is provided on the LockPick site doesn't need the Green wire connected to anything if you install it in the backof the car. The redgoes to the red of the LockPick's extrapower out and the black goes to the Black of the LockPick's Extra Ground wire. Otherwise you just plug the video of the camera into the cable marked Camera on the LockPick media cable (If you purchased it)

So its the green wire that doesnt need to be hooked up which will mirror the image if it is..

Old 04-08-2008, 04:05 AM
TedEbear
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So its the green wire that doesnt need to be hooked up which will mirror the image if it is..

Yes, tape the green wire so that it cannot touch anything metal and thus ground itself or you will not have the mirror effect.

I insulated the end but taped it next to the black camera ground and left the little yellow sticker attached that says to ground it if I don't want the mirror effect. I figure maybe a future owner might want it the opposite way.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Crashaholic

Is it just me or is anyone else unable to input with the keyboard while moving onthe Point of Interestscreen.
The computer keeps denying me access to the keyboard as soon as I move the car. Ithought Lockpick was supposed to disable all thesefeatures so that we could access them while moving.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:10 PM
futil
Veteran

Did you try double pressing the power button while at that screen? It should enable the keys after that.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Crashaholic

Yes, I have pressed the power button twice just like for the other features. I've had the lockpick installed for a few weeks and everything else works fine except that feature for me.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:18 AM
futil
Veteran

That feature was a little different to activate and I only used it once to see if it worked in the first place but that was when I first purchased it so I am a little rusty in that area.. I will check it out in my car and let you know more info about it.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:48 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

Is it just me or is anyone else unable to input with the keyboard while moving onthe Point of Interestscreen.

Mine will do that unless I toggle the power on/off button twice rapidly. Then I can use the keyboard while moving.

If I don't do that I get the "This feature is disabled while in motion" message,or something like that. After I toggle the power button and try it again that warning doesn't pop back up.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

Well, this is interesting. After I posted that comment yesterday about my POI keyboard input screen working while in motion I got to thinking that Imight have been using the nav street address keyboard instead of the POI.

On my way to work I tried the POI keyboard and it worked without me even having to toggle the power on/off button. I tried it again on the way home last night, without toggling the Lockpick mode on, and it worked again. Maybe it has something to do with the v9.713 update.

Quick Reply: MYGIG LOCKPICK