2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MYGIG LOCKPICK

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 AM
dodge r/t
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MYGIG LOCKPICK

My Gig radios unlocked.

http://www.coastaletech.com/mygig.htm

Old 02-07-2008, 12:10 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MYGIG LOCKPICK

Thankyou so muchfor posting that Dodge R/T.. Nice to see there is finally a superior looking alternative to FreeGIG/AllGIG/BlueGIG.. Now we just have to find out if it actuallyworks as advertizedlol

Slightly cheaper too, with more features. Definately looks promising.. Hopefully their tech support will be superior as well.. I waited over a month for a reply for a question about FreeGIG and am still waiting for a response.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:00 PM
jvandover
Amateur

Has anyone used this?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:06 PM
futil
Veteran

I just purchased it.. So as usual i'll let you know how it goes

I bought the wiring harness and a backup cam as well.. It's fun watching where youve been while driving.. You guys should know me by now.. Whatever takes my focus off of driving.. im all for it

Ironside took the plunge with FreeGIG and got screwed so I guess its my turn to see what happens with The MyGIG LockPick.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:58 PM
nightshade72

I nearly pulled the trigger on this the day I brought my RT home. I figured I would sit tight and wait for someone else to try it out. Thanks for taking one for the team..

I have heard that it does work as advertised.. but heard something wierd about it interfering with the starscan to the point that you have to remove it when getting updates applied to the car... Hope that's not true.

It's great that we don't have to cut into the radio to unlock this stuff though.. i had a REC in my mangum RT and if I wanted to add the rearview camera I would have had to send it out to have more circuitry added to the radio itself.. This is easily reversable if it doesn't work right..

Please take lots of pics when you are running the backup camera wires too..

ORIGINAL: futil

I just purchased it.. So as usual i'll let you know how it goes

I bought the wiring harness and a backup cam as well.. It's fun watching where youve been while driving.. You guys should know me by now.. Whatever takes my focus off of driving.. im all for it

Ironside took the plunge with FreeGIG and got screwed so I guess its my turn to see what happens with The MyGIG LockPick.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:24 AM
futil
Veteran

Yeah thats going to be fun figuring out which way to run the wire for the cam.. Soo many options.

Now we need someone to try out a stage 1 and2 jet chip.. Im sure im gonna wind up jumping into that one too lol just not sure which way to go 1 or 2.. Obviously I would rather go with stage 2 but im really not in the mood to change out my exhaust.

I still have to update the pics of my amp and capacitor.. I upgraded them too but never got around to taking pics of them.. The capacitor has so many lights I feel like im getting pulled over by a cop when I have the rear seat down and the amp (600 Watt Rockford Fosgate 2 channel) is so over powered for the speakers I have them less than 1/4 volume limited and I still blew one of my subs. but theyre definately prettier than my current pics I have posted.. Well then again new is always prettier.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:15 PM
futil
Veteran

Ok, its been shipped and should arrive on the 29th..

Does anyone want to see pics of the entire MyGIG LockPick install or just the camera wire run?

Like should I make an installmanual or just pics of the highlights?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:48 PM
nightshade72

I am mostly interested in the camera wire run.. I think the acuall install is pretty straightforward.. it's an inline connector..

One thing that would be interested is if you can still connect via starscan and read the car.. I have heard that some people had issues updating the PCM with the mygig sitting on the can bus..

Does the camera you got have infrared as well?

Ok, its been shipped and should arrive on the 29th..

Does anyone want to see pics of the entire MyGIG LockPick install or just the camera wire run?

Like should I make an installmanual or just pics of the highlights?

Old 02-28-2008, 12:03 AM
futil
Veteran

I figured that you only wanted the camera run so thats why I asked before I start going crazy taking pics of everything

I just bought the camera on the MyGIG LockPick site as it just happened to be there so I bought it.. it doesnt have infrared but has a low LUX so im curious to see how well it performs at night.. Also im not sure if I can have multiple cameras with that system.. Looks like there are 3 video inputs but I wanted to be sure before buying more cameras..

If I can I will probably buy more like a front mounted one so I can get close to curbs without scraping my car.. or maybe one to get rid of some of the blind spots or maybe ill just get creative and find an interesting place to point the second one like in the engine compartment so I can watch the engine blow up one day or to the left side of the car so I can record the police officer pulling me out of the car and impounding it for speeding...

Old 02-28-2008, 12:38 AM
nightshade72

Maybe one camera for the front, one for the back and a 3rd that rotates 360 degrees under the car.. lol

If it works as advertised I will likely pull the trigger on the lockpick too.. That and a jet chip if the diablo tuner doesn't appear...

I figured that you only wanted the camera run so thats why I asked before I start going crazy taking pics of everything

I just bought the camera on the MyGIG LockPick site as it just happened to be there so I bought it.. it doesnt have infrared but has a low LUX so im curious to see how well it performs at night.. Also im not sure if I can have multiple cameras with that system.. Looks like there are 3 video inputs but I wanted to be sure before buying more cameras..

If I can I will probably buy more like a front mounted one so I can get close to curbs without scraping my car.. or maybe one to get rid of some of the blind spots or maybe ill just get creative and find an interesting place to point the second one like in the engine compartment so I can watch the engine blow up one day or to the left side of the car so I can record the police officer pulling me out of the car and impounding it for speeding...

Quick Reply: MYGIG LOCKPICK