2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Enhancements Requests

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:33 AM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MyGIG Software Enhancements Requests

Hey everyone,

I am about to submit my Beta findings to Harman Becker. I wanted to know what additional features you would like to see in future software releases and I will submit a request to HB asking them to add those features to the radio software.

Currently on my list I have:

1) Add a pause and a stop button to the HDD and JB menu between the fast forward and rewindon screen buttons so that music can be stopped instead of having the music play indefinitely without any way of stopping playback.
2) Ability to rename songs and move songs to different playlists within My Files
3) Enhance USB port to allow a wider range of devices such as a large removable USB hard drive.
4) Ability to change the song playback order instead of having the radio play back in alphabetical or shuffle order only.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated and will probably be implemented with future releases.. so please let me know what you all would like to see as enhancements to the software.

Update: Actually I just submitted the beta form but I will include a feature request form later which will include this wish list. I was going to wait but I would like them to finish up on the beta testing and actually release the software asap so I just sent the form in. I also requested an ETA on the official software release.

Thanks,

Futil

Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 AM
jvandover
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Enhancements Requests

I think your #4 covers this but am not entirely sure... When ripping songs from a CD they appear in track order from the CD, from a USB device they do not. Thats a huge issue.
They need to make the "Live traffic" feature useful. I have never gotten one useful bit of info from it, and thats a big reason I wanted this car/Mygig. It needs more updates/functionality.
Should be a way through the "record a trail" feature for the car to "learn" about new roads. The on/off ramp to the highway closest to my house is not on the map (even though it has been there for at least 3-4 years) and the Nav always thinks I'm offroading.

I will try to think of anything else.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:12 PM
klibby

Here's a biggie for me...

Support for actual .m3u (or other format) PLAYLISTS instead of this whole "a folder is a playlist"junk. On any other MP3 player I can use playlists that just reference copies of mp3s already on the player instead of having to several copies of a song if I include it in multiple playlists.

I'm sure I can think of others as well but I thought I'd post that while it was on my mind

Old 03-04-2008, 12:41 PM
nightshade72

What about streaming music directly from a USB key instead of having to copy everything. I have a 32Gb USB key that I store my tunes on so I can play them at home and at work without having to have mutiple coppies. Would be very nice to just stuff that in the USB port on the radio and be able to play from it directly as if it was a CD.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:15 PM
klibby

Good call nightshade.

I also thought of another thing that's been bugging me about MyGig... The random feature is just... well... too random. Most players' random feature will play songs at random, but will not repeat a song until it's played everything on the list. I noticed the Mygig's random feature sometimes plays the same song 2, 3, sometimes 4 times before another is played once. Also, it would be nice if the random button was near the play, fast forward, rewing buttons instead of on the main menu and/or would keep its on/off setting when you changed albums/playlist/etc. instead of having to go in and click random again

Old 03-04-2008, 03:54 PM
foundrybullet

How about being able to turn off that STUPID! NAV guidance prompt voice indefinately?

I find that very irritating that you have to turn her off every single timeyou input a new destination.

Alright, well thats my beef haha. Everyone elses comments seem to be ligit.

Peace and happiness everyone.

kj

Old 03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
rapidnet_rick

I have one, and I have already spoke to HB about it..... Make the MyGig do what is stated in the manual in regards to the bluetooth status icons. They (HB) acknowledged that the lack of status icons was an oversight on someone's part, and that Chrysler has choosen not to address the issue. I was told that the MyGig should send the staus signal(CAN) out to the EVIC, and that this wasn't done. I am not sure what happens if you don't have EVIC. I don't understand why the MyGig can't have some types of icons....as simple as a signal strength indication when the devices are connected. Once activated then the other icons could be displayed.....

That status icons would be battery strength, signal strength, (according to the manual, even mail/SMS icons). Here's a basic one, some indication that the two devices(MyGig) and Phone are even connected!

It's happened to me once or twice where the devices didn't connect, but I didn't know until I tried a call. Upon occasion I would have to power the radio off/on, to get the bluetooth to connect! Quite a pain, when there is an incomming call and you didn't know the devices weren't connected!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:50 PM
sdavis531

I agree with all of those completely!
How about some ability to change the look (colors, font, etc.). My $20 phone has at least 6 different "moods".
Also, when you want to use the screen saver, you should be able to w/o jumping to the menu. There should just be a "hot button" always on screen.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:56 AM
robotosgambit

futil im new here i jst bought a dodge avenger sxt and wanted som info on this update see i read all these posts they have been useful but im not understanding do i go to a dealership and get this done and will they charge me and second can i get a update mailed to me by harman and i dont really know if mine is non navigation or not how do i tell and im also having a prob withthe dvd player i want it to play while driving bc i need it for my passangers it doesnt play while driving only in park and wanted to know if u know if it is legal or not to have a dvd player in the car if it has to be visible to the driver or not to be legal i live in new york dont know the law very well or how to find out

Old 03-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Silkk19

foundrybullet, the last update the futil kindly posted got rid on this nav warning after about 3 seconds. I take it you never installed the update but I can tell you first hand it works

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Enhancements Requests