2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Replacing Windshield Wipers 2008 Avenger

Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 PM
PinkSparkles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Windshield Wipers 2008 Avenger

Hey! So I've looked everywhere that I can possibly think of online trying to find out how to replace the windshield wipers on my 2008 dodge avenger. It doesn't seem to have the normal clip to take the previous wipers off.

I'm going to see if I can get a picture of it when I get home, but where the wiper connects to the arm there is what looks like a box connector rather than a clip i could push and slide the wiper down.

I'm not sure if these were installed after market on my Avenger or these were the factory ones.

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PinkSparkles
Hey! So I've looked everywhere that I can possibly think of online trying to find out how to replace the windshield wipers on my 2008 dodge avenger. It doesn't seem to have the normal clip to take the previous wipers off.

I'm going to see if I can get a picture of it when I get home, but where the wiper connects to the arm there is what looks like a box connector rather than a clip i could push and slide the wiper down.

I'm not sure if these were installed after market on my Avenger or these were the factory ones.

Any help would be appreciated!

Pink,

Below are the instructions. If you would like pictures that correspond with the instructions PM me your email address as I cannot post any pictures here.

The wiper blade used on this model is a new design. There is not vertebrae or sub-structure, just a one piece, molded rubber blade with a unique latching mechanism.

1. Lift wiper arm to raise blade off glass. 2. Grasp around the blade at (2) and press together. With the other hand gently lift the locking cover (1) upward.

3. Slide the blade (2) off the wiper arm (1). Slide the blade toward the wiper arm pivot.

4. Pull the wiper arm (1) back through the locking cover (2).

Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Basically the top of the "box" is on a hinge. On one side you squeeze the top of the box together and lift straight up. The hinge is opposite the part you squeeze and just pivots open. From there you can slide the blade off and replace. Then just snap the top of the box back into place where you squeezed it to open.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacing Windshield Wipers 2008 Avenger