2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

caliper bolt

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 03:50 AM
therickster2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caliper bolt

Hey guys sorry if i'm a little ignorant of the subject but I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger and somehow one of the bolts for my front left caliper fell out or came off. There was a pop then a grinding sound luckily I was pulling up into my drive way when this happened. I took the tire off and noticed that I can push the caliper off the rotor. The grinding sound was the caliper scarping against the inside of the rim. Anyway I managed to get the other bolt off and went around to all the auto-parts stores around town and nobody could help me and everyone that wanted to order something wasn't sure that what i needed would be included.
To clarify. 2008 Dodge Avenger. Bolt that mounts the caliper. Not the long ones with the rubber bushings but the shorter ones on the inside edge of the caliper. Its about 2" or 50mm long and on the hex bolt end of it it has an M with a 10.9 on it.

I cannot find a replacement online that has a picture of a replacement and I don't have money to waste ordering crap that isn't going to help (poor college student).

Any help would greatly be appreciated, I'm a chemical engineering student and this is not my wheelhouse.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:22 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Therickster2,

Have you been able to talk with a Dodge dealer parts department? They can look up your VIN# and advise specifically what parts will have to be ordered to complete your repair.

Quick Reply: caliper bolt