2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2008 avenger sxt

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 10:43 PM
Timmy772001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 avenger sxt

My car recently began having issues shortly after hitting 93,000 miles. My vehicles etc light (code P2112) came on while getting on the expressway at 65 MPH and it immediately went I to "limp mode" and my speed dropped down to 30 mph. After nearly being smashed by a semi I was able to get to the emergency lane and my check engine light came on as well. I have searched and searched the code.....it says the throttle actuator is stuck closed. My question is has anyone else had this problem and if so how can it be fixed? The dealer believes the throttle body may need replaced but says the part I need is on national backorder. If this is such a large problem why haven't they done a recall? Any help on how to fix it would be hugely appreciated. Thank You all.

Vehicle: dodge avenger sxt 2.4L

Old 03-04-2014, 10:14 AM
r-g_richards
Rookie

Go over to the Avengerforumz dot com. There are a lot of guys there that would be able to help you out.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:34 AM
rosekvauxx

Originally Posted by r-g_richards
Go over to the Avengerforumz dot com. There are a lot of guys there that would be able to help you out.
Looks like a great site to bookmark.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:46 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The problem is either going to be the APP sensor (gas pedal) or the throttle body. Yes I have seen this. Did you check with the dealer to see if you had any recalls?

Old 07-03-2014, 12:37 AM
rmesax

I was having the same issue, after a bunch of troubleshooting including a new throttle body, it turned out to be a vacuum leak at the intake manifold. I replaced the gasket ($7.00) and the problem went away. It cost me a new throttle body which wasn't the problem and alot of time. Its been over 8 months and it never happened again.

Quick Reply: 2008 avenger sxt