2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

In Dash Power Outlet Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 06:54 PM
vaduva
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Dash Power Outlet Not Working

The in-dash power outlet stoped working few weeks ago. I looked for the fuse for the in-dash power outlet but i coudn't find it - in the fuse panel is only the fuse for the arm-rest power-outlet that works just fine.

Where can i find the fuse for the in-dashpower outlet ?

Dodge Avenger SXT - 2010

Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 PM
djbucky3
Captain

Checked both the fuses inside the cab and under the hood?

Old 04-25-2014, 09:40 PM
vaduva

I've check under the hood, I didn't know that the Avenger 2010 has a fuse-box in the cab? Where is that located?

Old 04-27-2014, 12:14 AM
djbucky3
Captain

(i dont actually own an avenger) But most cars have one inside as well, normally on the drivers side, on the outside of the dash. If that makes sense..

This image should be from a close to 2010 avenger.
http://www.allpar.com/photos/dodge/avenger/interior.jpg
If you look at the drivers side vents(on the left) the fuse box should be on the end of the dash, facing straight to the door. (you should have to have the door open to get to this fuse box. (i read this on one site for a 2010 avenger and believe it to be true)

It may be elsewhere. I have tried searching online.. And will continue to look for you, but here is basically where i am talking about, should be something like this.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...fUpgradeF3.jpg

Old 04-28-2014, 12:21 AM
vaduva

There's nothing there I've searched online and couldn't find any inside fuse box ... some Avenger old models had a fuse box under the dash (behind the cd-player) ... if i can't find anything i'll have to take the central console off to check if is still there on Avenger SXT 2010

Old 04-28-2014, 12:28 AM
djbucky3
Captain

Darn, ya my apologizes that I dont know the avenger well. But if there isnt a fuse for the dash outside I would guess there are inside fuses somewhere. How have you tested that the outlet is not working? did you just plug something in or use a voltmeter? might also want to see if you can unplug the outlet and use a voltmeter on the wiring harness itself. You may just need to replace the plug.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:17 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by vaduva
There's nothing there I've searched online and couldn't find any inside fuse box ... some Avenger old models had a fuse box under the dash (behind the cd-player) ... if i can't find anything i'll have to take the central console off to check if is still there on Avenger SXT 2010

The information regarding the fuses can be found in your owner's manual under Understanding the features of your vehicle (electrical power outlets). The fuses are located in the TIPM (Totally Intergrated Power Module) located in the engine compartment. Check the fuse that is for the cigar lighter. The manual does not mention any other fuse box located inside the vehicle.

Quick Reply: In Dash Power Outlet Not Working