2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2009 dodge avenger sxt. sell or keep????? 76K MILESHELP =/

Old 07-07-2012, 01:36 AM
09avengersxt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2009 dodge avenger sxt. sell or keep????? 76K MILESHELP =/

OK. I HAVE THIS CAR AND IT HAS ABOUT 76K MILES AND IM STRESSING OUT ON THIS. I OWN THIS CAR AND IDK IF I SHOULD SELL IT AND GET A 2011 AVENGER.
I DONT KNOW THE RELIABILITY ON THIS CAR AND I WANT TO FIND OUT HOW FAR MUCH MORE MILES WILL THIS CAR GO. SELL OR KEEP? I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE WITH KNOWLEDGE CAN HELP ME. I CANT FIND ANY WEBSITES THAT WILL GIVE ME THE ANSWER IM LOOKING FOR. IF ANYONE HAS AROUND THE SAME MILEAGE AND SAME YEAR I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR HOW YOUR AVENGER IS DOING.

I BOUGHT THIS CAR FOR 10 GRAND WITH 38K MILES IN 2010. Name:  IMG_20120705_173505.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  91.0 KB

Old 07-07-2012, 01:00 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you had a lot of problems with it? I work at Dodge dealership.
have you been doing your maint? oil change, trans service, tune up, etc...
If you have been keeping up with Oil change and Trans service, these car last well over 200k miles. But if you haven't been keeping up with changing oil, these engine sludge up pretty easily.
generally these cars are very reliable. Maybe every 100k you'll have a ball joint goes out or needs shock/struts. But that's about it.
and even if things do break, these Avengers are fairly cheap and easy to repair.
If you sell it, for the same price, u'll never find a car on par for the same price.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:45 AM
09avengersxt
Talking

[quote=steak59;2819698]Have you had a lot of problems with it? I work at Dodge dealership.
have you been doing your maint?

well when i hit around the 60k the car shut down on me while i was on the freeway. i was going around 65 and it was weird. but i think it was because i had a amplifier of 2500 watts and HID lights on my stock alternator and battery. I had to buy both new alternator and battery. After that incident, i havent had any problems.

yes i keep up with maintenance. i currently deployed and i have a feeling my wife aint doing a good job. so i know i will have to get it up to date.

and thanks. im going to keep this baby then. =)

Old 07-08-2012, 04:27 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

[quote=09avengersxt;2820268]
Originally Posted by steak59
Have you had a lot of problems with it? I work at Dodge dealership.
have you been doing your maint?

well when i hit around the 60k the car shut down on me while i was on the freeway. i was going around 65 and it was weird. but i think it was because i had a amplifier of 2500 watts and HID lights on my stock alternator and battery. I had to buy both new alternator and battery. After that incident, i havent had any problems.

yes i keep up with maintenance. i currently deployed and i have a feeling my wife aint doing a good job. so i know i will have to get it up to date.

and thanks. im going to keep this baby then. =)
Well... The alternator on these 4 cyln are known to be crappy to begin with, so...
at least get a big Capacitor, so your alternator would last longer.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:14 PM
foneman411

Sell it pal!!

Old 07-13-2012, 11:38 PM
SueK
Professional
Angry

Hi,
The past four years I have been to the dealership 12 times for my 2008. I will never buy another. I loved this car but since it nearly caught fire twice I've had it. Now the steering rack is shot. I have 61,000 miles and highly maintained. It was quitting on the parkway and that was the fuel pump overheating melting the fuel pump harness. The TIPM caused the starter to keep starting and I had to unhook the battery. It nearly burnt the engine. In the past two months the headliner fell, The window switch fell apart, two moldings popped off, The radio broke, The rack,Thermostat housing cracked, The shifter spring, The air blower,and one of the doors inside the air system. If no one believes me I will email the invoices. Now my key switch is sticking once in awhile. Lol I am so disgusted. How am I going to sell this car? I cannot keep a car like that. How do I know if the new parts are crappy too? Lol My husband is pissed at me because I picked it out. I had a Dodge Daytona for 17 years and never did I have these problems. My car was my pride. I hate to post things like this. I see on many complaints the same problems with my 2008. I don't know about some of the others. I read so many I lost track. So I go to sell it. I had a the prospective buyer all the invoices, What kind of look will I get? Lol I have already called lawyer and since I bought the 2008 in 2007 I'm too late according to the Magnussen-Moss act. Lol I had a chance to sue Chrysler for depreciation. I don't like the fact that there were was one guy who said his fuel pump died twice. I think the TIPN re too flaky. Well all I can say I had a bad vibe and I was right.

Last edited by SueK; 07-14-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:47 AM
steak59
Record Breaker

well, i've seen all of above goes wrong before, But never had I seen all of them go bad on one car. how unlucky can you get? I feel sorry for u...

Old 07-19-2012, 07:51 PM
turfgrass
Professional
Default Keep it

I have a 2008 with 91k miles on it. I drive 90 miles per day to work now. I have kept up on the maint and its been very reliable. Only brakes, tires, and spark plugs so far. I've followed the manufacturers service intervals to a t and its performed great for me. Also has the Lifetime powertrain warranty. (Dodge is still honoring that right?)

Old 07-19-2012, 09:48 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by turfgrass
I have a 2008 with 91k miles on it. I drive 90 miles per day to work now. I have kept up on the maint and its been very reliable. Only brakes, tires, and spark plugs so far. I've followed the manufacturers service intervals to a t and its performed great for me. Also has the Lifetime powertrain warranty. (Dodge is still honoring that right?)
Yes, they do, as long as you keep up with your maintainence. And it is usually no question asked.
Also, just keep in mind that if your car over heating for what ever reason, don't drive it into the dealership and blow up the engine. Dodge Doesn't like it when that happens.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:13 PM
SueK
Professional

Originally Posted by steak59
well, i've seen all of above goes wrong before, But never had I seen all of them go bad on one car. how unlucky can you get? I feel sorry for u...
Well I really NEVER IN MY LIFE had anything happen like this. We maintain our cars very well and work on them too, But when you've done all that and it has to be towed a few times it makes you very discouraged. I had a 89 Dodge Daytona for 16 years and never had this. I don't know anymore.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 dodge avenger sxt. sell or keep????? 76K MILESHELP =/