2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Stubby Antenna

Old 12-28-2015, 06:46 PM
GhostWolf76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stubby Antenna

hi. i have a question, i been having issues with my satellite section of my factory car stereo since we got it used at a local dodge dealership. first part i found out i was missing the connector for the satellite part that connects to the back of the stereo to the antenna. well i find found that part and since to this day i get no sound and most of the time it tells me no signal and sometimes it tells me to call the 800 number. now a few people told me it is my stubby antenna. now im going to attach a picture of what the top part of the antenna looks like. is this the problem i am having and should i replace it with another stubby antenna? and if i should i found on amazon 2 places that sells a mopar oem one for my exact vehicle. thanks in advance for anyone helping me. Stubby Antenna-img_0515.jpg

Last edited by GhostWolf76; 12-28-2015 at 06:47 PM. Reason: replaced the attachment
Old 12-31-2015, 07:08 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Usually the SAT antenna is in the bottom part of the antenna. My Ram and our Caliber just have the flat base and do not have the part that you have. Yours may be a different design, but I would try a new oem unit over an aftermarket one.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:53 AM
GhostWolf76

lxman i wasn't buying an oem unit. just the antenna. when i hear unit i think of the head unit aka the radio. and i recently just got the oem antenna and still doesn't work. don't know what the issue is. just says no signal. no music or information about subscribing doesn't come through can't change channels or what not. do not know where the module for the satellite is for the avengers or how to figure the wiring is to see if its easy for me to check as well.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:05 AM
lionofjudah170

What was missing in the back of your radio because im having the same problem?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stubby Antenna