2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Please Help! Electronic Throttle Control Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 01:06 AM
Jgigs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help! Electronic Throttle Control Light

Ok so I'm looking for any advice I can get please! I have a 2010 Dodge Avenger with roughly 76,000 miles on it. I was driving last night and all of a sudden my ETC light started flashing and my car could not go over 10 mph. I pulled off the highway and shut the car off. I let it cool down and then i checked all of the fluids (adding a little more moter oil) and it started back up without the light on. I went and got the oil changed today and got the air filter replaced. I am on a business trip and have an 8 hour drive home in a few days. I am worried about this happening again on the way home and being broken down on the turnpike far from home. Also i have been traveling a lot lately for work so im not sure if that matters. Any advice? Please and thank you!

Old 03-27-2018, 07:23 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Read this.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2008-cu...er-loss-3.html

Looks like you are in for a throttle body and/or pedal/throttle sensor replacement. Good luck!

Old 03-27-2018, 09:10 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

+1
have replaced more than a few throttle bodies for these models. Unfortunately, they are expensive.

Quick Reply: Please Help! Electronic Throttle Control Light