2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2010 Avenger SXT P0300

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Cisco54
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Avenger SXT P0300

Hello DodgeForums, I got a 2010 Avenger SXT 2.4l 4c with 131k miles on it. Is is throwing a P0300 code(Random multiple cylinder misfires). I have checked the spark plugs, ignition coils, and checked the resistance of the fuel injectors and they are all ok. The car drives but the rpms dont go past 4k, I can probably drive around the street for a minute or two before the gas cuts out. It sounds like a lawn mower that runs out of gas before it cuts out. I bought this car from my aunt, the car hasnt been ran for almost 2 years.but the same issues were had before it was sat. I cant really find alot of info when it comes to dodges. If anyone can give me some information like how many o2 sensors and the locations of them I would appreciate it. Also I want to do a fuel pressure test but I cant seem to find a schrader valve or anything like that. If someone can tell me how I can do a fuel pressure test grateful.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:16 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

when its misfiring that bad; check the misfire counters. the pcm has data on which cylinders are accumulating misfires...even though no misfire dtc are set for individual cylinders. You will need a full function scan tool to access this data. a code reader will not do this.

if there is no schrader valve on the fuel rail. disconnect the fuel supply line to the rail and connect your gauge there. You will need to buy an adaptor or make one. You can buy the connector ends for $15 and clamp them to a piece of fuel line. You could also go to a pick and pull and cut the fuel connector ends off a wrecked car

Quick Reply: 2010 Avenger SXT P0300