2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open Bank 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 09:37 PM
guapoman2000
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello again!

Just preparing myself on the task to replace the Intake Manifold on my daughter's 2008 Dodge Avenger SE.

I just noticed that I had NOT shared the two part YouTube Videos that I will be guiding myself.

Sharing it with you all!
Video PART1:
Video PART2:

Old 03-01-2019, 01:52 PM
guapoman2000
Professional
Default Space Coast DODGE does it again!

Hello!

Cruising in my 1987 BMW 325i Convertible "Antique" automobile with the top down during lunch I happened to see the Parks Space Coast Dodge - Chrysler - Jeep - RAM dealer and I stopped by with my BMW.

I parked it near the Service department and a super nice lady assisted me. One of the first questions was "has your Dodge ever been here before?" and of course I said Yes. She looked up my information and found that my last name was misspelled and reason why she was asking. She corrected that data point in her computer and with a smile she excused herself and went into the SHOP area. She came back with a 2- Hour Labor estimate (to my surprise, considering the Dodge Dealer in Orlando wanted 4 hours of labor).

She quoted me a grand total (Labor Only plus shop supplies and tax): $245.76

Considering that this job DEALS with GASOLINE, I am going to allow this dealer to perform the work and have a carefree feeling that a professional shop, besides being a Dodge Dealer deal with the Gasoline and work.

Thereby, the grand total would be:

PARTS: $349.09 (Backed by a 12-month warranty by Dodge) ----- estimated arrival at Orlando, Fl is 03-06-2019 via FEDEX and will pickup at their facility!
LABOR: $245.76 (Estimate)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL: $ 594.85

Let's round it to $645.00 Grand Total assuming Shop supplies and Local Tax.

This is much better than the $825.00 at the Independent shop in Orlando and much better than $1,300.00 Big Ones from the Orlando Dodge Dealer!!!

Last edited by guapoman2000; 03-01-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:40 AM
guapoman2000
Professional

Good super early morning, people!

Just saw the SPACE-X Launch of the Dragon Space Craft take-off from PAD-A at the Launch Complex 39 here at Kennedy Space Center and it was a wonderful looking Launch as it light UP the sky and everything around. Needless to say this is historic in that we are closer to sending our Astronauts back to SPACE on US Rockets! All Systems functioned perfectly!

I was discussing my events with co-workers about my Daughter's 2008 Dodge Avenger and I told them that both my Daughter and I really likes the Avenger and has given us very good service but, that we would NO LONGER consider DODGE cars "or" trucks as something we will consider in the FUTURE based on our experience and most especially from DODGE Customer Care. We have maintained the car per the manufacturer's maintenance schedule and at times even better, especially the Engine Oil & Filter changes plus new spark plugs and having low miles just didn't make any points with DODGE Customer Care. I am fortunate to be able and afford the repairs on this Intake manifold but, other families might not and they would be in a BIG financial disadvantage. DODGE knows they SCREWED UP on this Intake RUNNER design and refuses to make the customer whole.

So sorry DODGE, JEEP and Chrysler we are going to go and spend our hard earned $$$$ else where!

Old 03-08-2019, 02:18 PM
guapoman2000
Professional
Default Got it Done as Scheduled! New Intake Manifold!

Hello Good People!

Just sharing my wonderful experience with one Dodge Dealer in Titusville, Florida who replaced the intake manifold on my daughter's 2008 Dodge Avenger SE with the 2.4 Liter Engine.
Record time and it was worth every penny that I paid because I would have never done it in that record time. The car went in at 11:25am and was ready at 12.43pm! Incredible!

I am super happy camper because NO MORE CHECK-ENGINE-LIGHT (CEL). Runs smooth and responds like new.

A few pictures of the receipts and instrument cluster without a CEL.

Last edited by guapoman2000; 03-08-2019 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:18 AM
guapoman2000
Professional
Exclamation Old Intake Analysis - Failure Investigation

Guys,

Later I will be doing a detailed analysis on the OLD INTAKE MANIFOLD.

Was going to do it early this morning but, time just ran out.

Stay tuned.

Old 03-09-2019, 03:15 PM
guapoman2000
Professional
Default Hope this helps someone!

Hello Good People of Dodge Owners:

I really do hope this thread has helped someone out there and if so, just post and say hello!

Okay, here's my Video and Pictures of my OLD Intake Manifold.

VIDEO:

Old 03-10-2019, 10:27 AM
guapoman2000
Professional
Exclamation Dodge Survey - e-mail link

Well, I took advantage in taking 4 minute of my Life to fill out (Web Based) a survey from the contact I made at Dodge Customer Care hotline back February 27th, 2019.

It was several pages and I made sure that I included my dissatisfaction on Dodge Customer Care NOT providing any assistance to a customer with this kind of issue and explained that it is just not acceptable to have a vehicle requiring a new Intake (Plastic) Manifold before 100,000 miles and based on excellent care and based on the Manufacturer's Maintenance schedule and at times better.

I gave the representative great feedback, of course but, again told them a piece of my mind with this entire ordeal.

Again, I am fortunate to have afforded the repairs (CASH) but, other families out there are not so fortunate and have to resort in getting into debt by APE RAPE Dodge Dealers out there and one of them is in Orlando, Florida!

I would hope they contact me in the near future and provide me with making me whole ($$$) at least part way!

Old 11-29-2019, 12:17 PM
guapoman2000
Professional
Default New Engine Intake Manifold AGAIN!

Hello again!

In the past two months, I have returned to the same Dodge Dealership Parks Space Coast Dodge - Chrysler - Jeep - RAM complaining about the Dreaded CHECK ENGINE LIGHT (CEL) and codes were the P2006.

The P2006 code means that the intake manifold runner control circuit has detected a stuck closed intake runner flap for bank 1. The ECU tries to control the the intake manifold runner flap position, when the malfunction is detected a Check Engine Light is set.

Today, this same dealership finally replaced the Engine Intake Manifold under Warranty (Parts and Labor). This is a savings of the worse case comparing what the Orlando, Florida Dodge Dealer wanted at over $1485 plus plus (Shop Fees, etc...etc...)!

Old 08-07-2023, 06:02 PM
ynnojjonny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Videos, Helped me fix my Avenger, but codes remain

Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Hello again!

Just preparing myself on the task to replace the Intake Manifold on my daughter's 2008 Dodge Avenger SE.

I just noticed that I had NOT shared the two part YouTube Videos that I will be guiding myself.

Sharing it with you all!
I've had error codes P2015 and P2004 for months now and my starter burnt out so it was the perfect opportunity to replace my manifold in the process. I used your videos to guide me through the process and they were so helpful, thank you so much for doing that! The car is back up and running great, but my p2004 and p2015 codes are still showing up after replacing the entire intake assembly.... I cleared them with the OBDII and they came back with a check engine light within seconds of starting the car back up. If anyone has a clue as to why this would happen I'm all ears.

Old 08-08-2023, 08:35 AM
guapoman2000
Professional

Originally Posted by ynnojjonny
I've had error codes P2015 and P2004 for months now and my starter burnt out so it was the perfect opportunity to replace my manifold in the process. I used your videos to guide me through the process and they were so helpful, thank you so much for doing that! The car is back up and running great, but my p2004 and p2015 codes are still showing up after replacing the entire intake assembly.... I cleared them with the OBDII and they came back with a check engine light within seconds of starting the car back up. If anyone has a clue as to why this would happen I'm all ears.
Glad those videos were helpful.

The issues with my daughter's 2008 Dodge Avenger SE came to a point that the Automatic Transmission was the one element that we all did NOT realize it was going out. As the professional mechanics informed us, the Automatic Transmission is the only device that does NOT have any sensor to tell you something is NOT RIGHT with it. I do realize that your coded came back right after you started your car but, you didn't mentioned if you drove the vehicle subsequently????

In our case codes just returned and new ones as you will see in the next discussion thread. I am not saying it's your Avenger's Automatic Transmission but, you should have it checked out by a Transmission expert just to make sure.

Here is the Discussion thread:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2008-cu...this-time.html

Quick Reply: P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open Bank 1