2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Code P2448 (2008 Avenger)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 03:29 PM
Mr.Sean
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P2448 (2008 Avenger)

Wondering if anyone could possibly know what might be causing this code to pop up?
My mechanic already replaced 2 different sensors, but it didn't fix the problem. I have a feeling that it's probably a physical issue then..?
Thanks!

Secondary Air Injection System High Air Flow Bank 1

Old 07-10-2021, 01:17 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Its the Air injection system that has failed. Could be the pump and the plumbing that goes with it.

The following users liked this post:
Mr.Sean (07-17-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 09:01 AM
Mr.Sean
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forgot to mention...

My car also reaks of gasoline fairly often.
More so when first walking up to it, and sometimes during the first few minutes while driving it right afterward. Less often when I get out of the car after I've been drive for a while. Even after I've parked it to go take care of an errand... Lets say like grocery shopping, and again when back home, making several trips back & forth to carry all of those groceries into the house, that took over an hour to gather while shoping at the store... Almost never get that gasoline smell when walking back up to the car, in scenarios like that.
(super in-depth example, but couldn't think of another way to describe what I was referring to)
So I'm wondering if that could be related to whatever is causing error code.

I also forgot to mention something else...
After the check engine light being on all the time for like a year, it just suddenly turned off... A couple of times for a few days straight, and another time for just over a week. That's until one day, when it had a really bad, what I call a "stutter-start" because it's literally like the car is stuttering when trying to turn over. The light imeadietly came back on, and I can basically guarantee you that it's not going to just suddenly turn off again, ever... 🙄

Kinda hoping that it's the same mystery issue that's causing all of these things, rather than it be multiple unrelated issues causing each of these things! 😯

Thanks for any insight, or speculation that anyone may have, as to what might be going on with this now 13 year old vehicle! 😏

Last edited by Mr.Sean; 07-17-2021 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:29 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

You maybe getting the fuel smell from the EGR system if you have one. Most of these cars have an EGR system. Mine does and it 25 year old. 1st gen avenger with 120k

Quick Reply: Code P2448 (2008 Avenger)