2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.
View Poll Results: What do you like
DODGE ONLY!!
16.67%
Dodge and ford
8.33%
Dodge and chevy
16.67%
Dodge,ford and chevy
25.00%
You dont care as long as its not a money pit
16.67%
Other(specify below)
16.67%
I should be banned for creating this!!
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

One brand or multi brand person?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 01:48 AM
zdelong86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If we are only talking about trucks then dodge is the way. my dad has an 08 silverado and he drove my 2000 dakota and he was pissed that he bought a chevy. He said it is more comfortable, has better handling, more power, better braking., etc. he loved it. lol. But... if we are talking about cars and trucks. I actually have a 93 honda accord that I use to go back and forth to work ( please dont ban me). it has 250,000mi on it and runs like a champ. looks like hell but i dont care when im getting 30mpg because i have a 90mi round trip every day. I also have an 84 Datsun 300Z (that I never drive). but on the occasion i do take it out, it is an amazing feat of engineering the Japanese put together for the time.

In closing Dodge is by far my favorite truck.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:14 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh Abels
mainly a mopar or nocar kinda guy but if its before 1970 i dont really care the 50s trucks are so BA, my first tattoo is a 53 chevy truck, all tho if i was to own a new vehicle other than a dodge it would be ford, i dont like the new chevys they look to much like road queens my step dads 05 sierra has less ground clearance than my truck lol
I did notice that the 07 chevy even tho it being a 2500 it sits like a inch higher than my moms stock grand cherokee. Our hemi even sits higher and its a 1500.

One thing I do like about the chevys is the 6.0's not a lot of low end but at about 30-40mph it will get up and go. When I used the 02 to get my shotgun I got about 15-16 whole way when I drive the 07 best I ever got out of it was 8-9 ok so the 02 is a single cab but is it really that much lighter than the 07 and gets like twice the amount of mpg's?

Old 01-30-2011, 12:54 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've owned all three full size US trucks over the yeas (4 if you count my first truck - a Jeep J10 pickup). Three Fords (one a diesel), two Chevy and two Rams and the least problematic have been the two Rams. One of the Fords, an F150 I bought new, dropped a piston with only 14k miles on it and the way that Ford dealt with the warranty repair made me stop being a "Ford Guy" forever.

The GMs were ok, but had little nuisance problems. Never left me at the side of the road, but annoyances just the same.

Worst I've had with four years of my 2nd Gen Ram and almost seven years now with my 3rd Gen was a busted stock shock absorber.

So, as the current owner of a Ram, Jeep Grand Cherokee and I technically own my mom's Journey (on paper anyway), I guess I'm a full fledged Mopar guy now...

Old 02-01-2011, 02:58 AM
ZackN920
Record Breaker

As long as its American its good with me but i just hate foreign cars especially japenese cars.
Though for the most part i seem to be more so of a Mopar guy, although it seems that most of what i have driven so far has just been mopar, other than a 94 GMC Suburban, my dads van (Pontaic Transport/Montana that he wants to sell) and a few others

Last edited by ZackN920; 02-01-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:24 PM
fourpointseven
Professional

I got to be apart of the dodge Chevy group.. Ya I'm a Proud owner of a 1986 Iroc-z 3505speed. 4wheel disc breaks, engine work, posi end and a few more mods. she's my baby and currently in some on-going construction lol. Camaros ROCK!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:54 AM
DakCC4x4
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly i have always been a foreign truck guy, mainly Nissan. I have always had smaller 4x4 trucks for hunting and such. But i have always loved Dodges hence buying my first one which i have now. I think it is an excellent package of power and size. I hope to have it a long time. I hate most Fords newer than the 79 Fseries trucks and am so tired of the Chevy 1500s around here i could never own one. Every kid has a Z71 with a 3in body lift and straight pipe exhaust lol.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:09 AM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as trucks go, I love Dodges and Fords. Older Chevys are nice too, but not the newest ones.

But as far as cars go, I'll drive anything. There are some really cool cars out there that aren't American, and as much as I LOVE American cars, I'm just a car guy in general. I appreciate any cool car. Weather it's a 300zx or an s4 or a WRX. They may not be American but they're really cool and fun cars regardless. And for the life of me I just can't stay away from something that fun just because it isn't American. There are a lot of foreign cars now made in the US and a lot of US brands made in Mexico and Canada. People get really into only buying American when it comes to cars, which is awesome, it really is, but think about how much stuff we buy and how much of it is made in the U.S. I can almost guarantee that you probably typed your post on something not made in the U.S.

It sucks that, that is the case, but we were too greedy and wanted $50 an hour to do simple jobs. I wish everything was still made in the U.S. like it was a hundred years ago, but it's not.

There are so many fun and awesome cars out there that aren't American. I love cars, so to go my whole life without touching something else would just be stupid. I've driven an S4 in snow and its quite possibly the most fun I have ever had, what American car can I do that in? There really aren't any AWD American sports cars (an Eagle Talon doesn't count, it's like half Mits. and half Chrysler)

I'll never buy a foreign truck because I truly feel American trucks are superior.

Sorry, didn't mean to go into a rant, but had to get that off my chest.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:49 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by bpark8824
As far as trucks go, I love Dodges and Fords. Older Chevys are nice too, but not the newest ones.

But as far as cars go, I'll drive anything. There are some really cool cars out there that aren't American, and as much as I LOVE American cars, I'm just a car guy in general. I appreciate any cool car. Weather it's a 300zx or an s4 or a WRX. They may not be American but they're really cool and fun cars regardless. And for the life of me I just can't stay away from something that fun just because it isn't American. There are a lot of foreign cars now made in the US and a lot of US brands made in Mexico and Canada. People get really into only buying American when it comes to cars, which is awesome, it really is, but think about how much stuff we buy and how much of it is made in the U.S. I can almost guarantee that you probably typed your post on something not made in the U.S.

It sucks that, that is the case, but we were too greedy and wanted $50 an hour to do simple jobs. I wish everything was still made in the U.S. like it was a hundred years ago, but it's not.

There are so many fun and awesome cars out there that aren't American. I love cars, so to go my whole life without touching something else would just be stupid. I've driven an S4 in snow and its quite possibly the most fun I have ever had, what American car can I do that in? There really aren't any AWD American sports cars (an Eagle Talon doesn't count, it's like half Mits. and half Chrysler)

I'll never buy a foreign truck because I truly feel American trucks are superior.

Sorry, didn't mean to go into a rant, but had to get that off my chest.
Yeah I agree with you on that. I would prob drive anything as long as it wasnt a money pit and I liked the looks of it but I do prefer dodges.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:21 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S4, R32, VR4, Evo, WRX, 300zx, 350z, RX8, Supra... all (realistic) cars that I would drive in a heartbeat that aren't American. I don't want you guys to think I don't like American cars because that isn't it at ALL. I love a lot of American cars. Just showing that there are some sweet cars out there that aren't...

Here are some cars I would drive in a heartbeat. Notice that they are all very clean and simple, nothing gay. Just because they're foreign doesn't mean they have to be ugly and 'done up'

Notice another thing. All either RWD or AWD. I don't consider a FWD car a very fun car or a sports car by any means. AWD or RWD is a must for a fun car.

Last edited by bpark8824; 02-04-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 PM
thunder98110
Champion

we have the exact same taste in cars^. ill post some pics of sick euro cars while i was living in eruope. my dream car is by far a Porsche gt3 rs

a clean right hand drive suuuupra

Quick Reply: One brand or multi brand person?