2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Fair price for a used TC 5.5" lift kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 06:01 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A
So, I got this thing all boxed up today and weighed it as best I could. My rigged up bathroom scale measuring device probably isn't super accurate, but it says the box weighs 180lbs. So I'm either going to have to split it up into two boxes or ship it by truck.

If I split it up, shipping cost is probably going to be about $200 to most of you who have asked me for shipping quotes. If I ship it by truck, it's probably going to be more than that. Unfortunately, I had no idea shipping was so expensive.

If any of you are still interested, send me a PM.
You/buyer might look into a private/trades shipper. I've actually heard alot of good stories about them.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've never heard of such a thing, but I'm interested. Where would I find one of these shippers?

Old 12-16-2012, 04:55 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A
I've never heard of such a thing, but I'm interested. Where would I find one of these shippers?
http://www.uship.com/household/

One of my coworkers here in Arlington sold a motorcycle to a lady up in minnesota. Guy just showed up in his pickup, said he was going from FW to his montana cabin for a short vacation, and had $2000 worth of stuff in his bed he was dropping off along the way. Said even with the long drive, he was making enough money to cover the round trip gas. The bike was delivered 2 days later.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by magnethead
http://www.uship.com/household/

One of my coworkers here in Arlington sold a motorcycle to a lady up in minnesota. Guy just showed up in his pickup, said he was going from FW to his montana cabin for a short vacation, and had $2000 worth of stuff in his bed he was dropping off along the way. Said even with the long drive, he was making enough money to cover the round trip gas. The bike was delivered 2 days later.
Sweet. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Fair price for a used TC 5.5" lift kit?