2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Dodge Dealers Cant Ship Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 01:15 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dodge Dealers Cant Ship Parts?

Noticed that my Dakota had a rusty leaking brake line. This is the solid metal line which runs down the booster to the frame, across the sub frame to the front passenger side brake assembly.

Part # 52009880AG

I called my dealer and asked if they had one in stock. They said no. I asked if they can order one in and he said he has one 3 hours away from me.

I asked if he could have it shipped from that dealership to this one and he said no which I found strange.

I then asked for the number of the dealership he is talking about so I could have a courier ship it and he said they wouldn't do that and refused to give me the number.

Is this how all Dodge dealers operate? For the few times I had to get a part from the GM or Toyota dealer they had no issue shipping one in for me.

Kinda pissed me off to be honest. By the way they want 101 for a brake line that is maybe 5 feet long.

Found same one for 45 but the shipping made it come to 100 also.

Just wanting to know if anyone has had similar experiences... Debating about calling corporate to hear what they say.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:25 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I'd call another dealer. Sounds like the one you called is full of a$$holes.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:36 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

They don't call them $tealerships for nothing....most of them will do pretty much anything for money, if the price is right and the customer is willing to pay the over-inflated $tealer prices. Seems kind of counter-productive to turn business away like that. Things like this are the reason I avoid $tealers as much as possible.

I have been treated the same way before but not a $tealer, it was at the Napa store where I used to live. If you were not one of their commercial accounts they did not want to help you or talk to you. I still bought a few parts there though and after a while (and a good bit of cash spent on parts) they did change their tune.

I Googled your part number, first hit I came up with was this:

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...2009880AG.html

If that is the same part you need, it only costs $44.35. Shipping might get pricey though depending on how they have to package it. Business must be really good at that dealer for them to turn you away like that and not be willing to help you. If it were me I would not bother calling Chrysler about it. They will just tell you that all of their dealers are independently owned and operated and they have no authority to do anything about bad business practices, and they may offer you an apology but that is about it..

Jimmy

Old 09-20-2013, 01:58 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

Jimmy, that's the same one I found yeah. Shipping comes to 55$ ($10 more than the product). Add the taxes and brokerage fees and itll be more than the dealer unfortunately.

Still upset they wouldn't even give me the number for the other dealer. I'm not about to call dealers that could be anywhere that's 3 hrs away from me.

I was hoping to avoid bending my own line cause I don't have a flaring tool and they are expensive. Local parts store only rents cheap ones that everyone says to stay away from.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:38 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

Took your advice and called another dealer.

Guy was happy to order it in for me... had to pre-pay cause its a special order item for a total of $108... Let's hope its the right line haha, he did his best to confirm it for me.

Cheers

Old 09-20-2013, 10:20 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 152 Likes on 139 Posts

damn, I'd have just bought a piece and made my own!

What thread are out brake lines, BTW? You know, incase I wanted to do something silly and, oh, maybe put a linelock on my truck? :P

Old 09-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Brian in Tucson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by magnethead
damn, I'd have just bought a piece and made my own!

What thread are out brake lines, BTW? You know, incase I wanted to do something silly and, oh, maybe put a linelock on my truck? :P

Yeah, been there done that. In the US, parts houses like NAPA (not the chain auto parts stores) carry brake tubing in various lengths with the end fitting already installled. You have to be careful bending them--you don't want to kink them.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:20 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 152 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson
Yeah, been there done that. In the US, parts houses like NAPA (not the chain auto parts stores) carry brake tubing in various lengths with the end fitting already installled. You have to be careful bending them--you don't want to kink them.
all the brake lines on the camaro are custom-made from O'R stock. Some we used as-were, some we cut and re-flared.

Quick Reply: Dodge Dealers Cant Ship Parts?