2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

ding..ding..ding

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:08 PM
cmdak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ding..ding..ding

well i changed my leaking heater core and everything seems ok. no leaks, and everything works as before.the only thing i have left to do is charge the a/c. thanks to everyone on this site for their posts, it made the job less painful!before i completely re-installed the dash, i hooked the battery cables up to check all of the electric components. the door/key/headlight/seatbelt warning chime seemed to be coming from the general area of the glove box or the passenger airbag. i didn't spend more than a couple of minutes looking because it was getting late and i had to get the truck back together.my question is, does anyone know where this annoying thing is and how can i disable it?!thanks again for all of your help.
-craig

Old 05-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Billiam
Champion
Default RE: ding..ding..ding

I wouldn't do it. You'll never know when you might leave your interior light or headlights on....and kill the battery. But thats just me....

Old 05-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The door chime is on the bottom of the steering column. Just snip and your done.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:34 AM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

just take the seatbelt connector apart under the drivers seat it will ding for lights but not keys door or belt, besides o2 the lights kill after 5 min ne way..