2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

wtf?not idling, speedo doesn't work, brake light on, abs light on, engine light on

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:32 AM
dirtydodge/toyboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf?not idling, speedo doesn't work, brake light on, abs light on, engine light on

driving home today and all of a sudden the brake light comes on, then the speedo quit working, then the abs and engine lights came on. this all happened within seconds. couple miles and stops down the road the donm thing quits idling. Any Ideas 5.2 4x4 '99

Old 06-29-2007, 02:32 AM
dirtydodge/toyboy
Default RE: wtf?not idling, speedo doesn't work, brake light on, abs light on, engine light on

I let the truck sit for a few minutes and now it idles, but engine and brake, abs lights still on, going to take it to have codes read in the morning. All this as soon as I figured out the weird humming niose (bearings). danm it! Whats next

Old 06-29-2007, 11:19 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: wtf?not idling, speedo doesn't work, brake light on, abs light on, engine light on

well the brake lights and dead speedo are the speed sensor in the rear differential is gone, its on top of the diff, and is the only thing up there w/ wires pluging into it, as for the rest, idk but someone should be able to help

Old 06-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Sounds like your main computer might have taken a dump.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:08 PM
dirtydodge/toyboy

The abs wheel speed senser is an integrall part of the pcm, the engine cannot run properly without it. Thanx for all input

Old 07-01-2007, 01:35 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i have honestly never heard that before, but will keep it in mind if i ever have problems like this

Quick Reply: wtf?not idling, speedo doesn't work, brake light on, abs light on, engine light on