2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

reg vs club

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:38 PM
aoo007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reg vs club

Im 6'2", and wondering if a regular cab would be enough room, or if I should look at a club cab? along with that, if i go with the regular cab, will it suffice as a grocery getter, or should we use my wife's car.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Default RE: reg vs club

I would think that it would be fine for you. I am only 5'11", but have absolutely no problems with room. My best friend is 6'4" and he can ride very cumfortably in it. I guess we need some other tall members to chime in.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

And by the way, welcome to the forum.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM
griffster36
Rookie

I am about 6'1" and I have the club cab. I think its definately worth getting just to be able to throw some crap in the back that you dont want bouncing around in the bed. It is really tight when it comes to putting people back there, but its very handy otherwise. Also, its nice to be able to lean back and stretch out without hitting the glass.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Big_Green
Professional

ORIGINAL: griffster36

I am about 6'1" and I have the club cab. I think its definately worth getting just to be able to throw some crap in the back that you dont want bouncing around in the bed. It is really tight when it comes to putting people back there, but its very handy otherwise. Also, its nice to be able to lean back and stretch out without hitting the glass.
Much agree with griffster, club cab is very nice perfect to put all your stuff in the back. Not alot a room for ppl in the back thou. im 6'2" and i got tones of room and my seat isnt all the way back. I guess its how you like to sit but club cab is a good way to go! Althou regular cabs are sweet too, id go with the club.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:31 PM
aoo007

thanks for the help!

im lookin at a 99 reg or 2000 club.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:42 AM
takethebounce

I have a 00 RC and really wish I would have opted for a extended or club when I had the chance. Its my main vehicle and I have jammed myself and 3 lucky, or well haha maybe unlucky ladies into my rc from time to time. Those days are gone but I still feel the quad cab is in my future. Its just nice to have a safe secure place to put things when I go fishing, rather than the delta box in the back. I know its not that much safer but I think it takes the temptation away. As well its nice when you dont have nice weather to put the groceries in the back. I even like the shorter box on the quad cab. Still long enough for my tools and a expandable ladder to fit in when going to a job site.

Sometimes I just wish I could lean the seat back further in the RC too, there is plenty of leg room and head room but no way to recline if you ever find yourself say waiting for a car ferry or something if you travel a lot.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:33 AM
heavyk298
Banned

yea, i wish my truck was a club cab. i like to lean back in case of a train or something. im 6' and i have plenty of leg room and head room in my rc.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:30 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Having owned a 2000 RC Sport 3.9L V6 and a 2001 CC Motorsports Edition V8 Dakota...... here's my .02

I'm 6'2" and I found that I could ride in both the RC and the CC fairly well. Both have decent leg room, and both were fairly decent on gas, for a truck. Here's where the problems came into play, and these are just things to consider if they're important to you.

1.) In the RC, I was barely able to recline the seats, and that made it uncomfortable after a while of driving. Especially since I need to sit differently to accommodate my large feet.

2.) There was zero room for any kind of sound system behind the seat considering my height. In order to do so, I would have to scoot the seat forward and that wasnt an option. This may not be a problem for you, but consider needing to store anything behind the seats to be a royal pain in the a$$.

3.) Again, with any kind of extended driving, there just wasnt much room for comfort or storage. It was a small inconvience, but one worth noting. Especially if you planned on using this truck to go to fishing/hunting/camping. Virtually all items would have to be tossed in the bed.

4.) The RC got roughly the same MPG as my CC, which only furthered my choice in switching up to a CC.

5.) With the CC, you at least have internal storage space for groceries, supplies, and so forth. While I was fortunate to have a fiberglass bedcover on mine, most people dont. Keep this in mind considering you will have to transport items in the truck, and being able to lock up stuff inside the truck is always a plus, especially in bad weather.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

pretty much hit the nail on the head there, its all in what u plan on using it for i love my cc for the reason that it lets me lock stuff up inside of it, but my dads old reg cab was good until you needed to bring something home in bad weather, and he now has a qc (which is extreme unless you have kids, or drive groups around alot) which gives him plenty of space in the cab

Quick Reply: reg vs club