2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

I love my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 05:19 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I love my dealer

I just got the best deal ever on replacing my heater core. Iwent in this morning to make an apointment to get a new heater core put in and the guy said come back at 1:00 and we can do it then. so I dropped it off and then at 4:00 I get a call to come pick it up. and it only costed me $350. thats the heatercore plus labour to change it out. I cant be any happier I thought it woulda been waaay over $500. so I guess I just have a good dealer.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:07 PM
daddydwg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I love my dealer

But it's more fun to do it yourself...NOT! I had a 92 Chevy S-10 that I replaced the heater core on...it was hell. So I saved a few bucks. If I could go back in time, I would've PAID somebody else to do it. Good job on the cheap fix.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:20 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya, I did it myself last year, but I put a faulty heater core in it and I didnt feel like spending another weekend doing it. and this way it has a warranty if it does start leaking.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

it's the bed stripe man. They felt it was uncomfy to overcharge you

Old 07-06-2007, 11:52 PM
daddydwg

I LOVE those bed stipes. I was considering those, or Viper stripes...Just can't make up my mind.
Having warranty or dealership work done is the way to go, if one can afford dealership costs. Much pricier than independent work.
Things I can do, but just don't want to, are relegated to dealerships. ALWAYS stay away from Jiffy Lubes or anything like that. They have crap employees, and poor products. They will tell you they are putting in the lube you asked for, but there is no proof, so you WILL get their crap, and your truck will suffer because of it.
Basic maintenance, do it yourself, it's the ONLY way to be sure.

Quick Reply: I love my dealer