2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Water spots

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 09:40 PM
V8Boss
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Water spots

The liquid clay bar seemed to work ok. I threw a coat of wax on em so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the advice.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

fyi, if you ever try to claybar your paint, liquid claybar sucks compaired to a real claybar. just make sure to keep the area well lubricated or you can risk marking your paint. if you drop the bar, it is trash. it may be best to cut the bar in half before you start. then if you drop half, you have another half to work with. give it a shot, you will love it

Old 07-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Nicegy525
Veteran

take a razor blade and scrape the windows. Whatever is left wipe with Lacquer Thinner or some type of strong solvent (careful not to get it on the paint) that's what got mine off. Best way to avoid water spots is to immediately dry your windows after washing them.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:27 PM
2002Dakota4.7L
Rookie

I have used vinegar. The acid in the vinegar dissolves the minerals. Not sure what it would do to paint so be careful.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:54 PM
V8Boss
Professional

Hmm...think I will try the the vinegar to completely get rid of em. Seems like the easiest way. Thanks again Oh and FYI, the Turtle Wax liquid clay bar seemed to work on the paint until I saw it later that night in the parking garage. I definitely didnt get rid of the swirl marks as it claims it would and it didnt take off tar and other road grime any easier that any other product out there. It didnt seem to do anything different than the Eagle One Nano products that I usually use, which by the way, is the ****! The white does seem a little brighter than usual, though. Might just appear that way because I havent washed it in about 2 weeks, so I was use to seeing with road grime on it.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

man, i told you liquid clay bar sucks. get a real claybar. and if you think eagle one nano is the **** (its not bad but i wouldnt call it the ****) you should try some of the other stuff out there. although, it is hard to make white look bad

and btw, if you have swirls in your paint (different than swirls left in the coat of wax, which is probally what the claybar was refeering to) a claybar will not remove swirls in the paint (only removes swirls in wax, because it strips the wax). you will need some type of abrasive polish to get them out...whether you need a light, med, or heavy abrasive polish depends on how bad the swirls are

Old 07-15-2007, 06:40 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love eagle 1 nano wax too. I wanna try some turtle wax ICE.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 PM
V8Boss
Professional

Like I said it doesnt really do anything different than the E1 Nanowax. It might be different for yours, Jonny, because your Dak is a different color. I did like how the liquid polished worked on all the plastic trim (door handles, bed rail caps, etc). Shined all that up better than the E1 Nano stuff.

Quick Reply: Water spots