2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2002 Dakota BCM problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Shakin97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dakota BCM problems

I have a 2002 4.7L Dodge Dakota 4X4 with Pwr windows and door locks. I do not have the security package. I have a electrical problem with the BCM. My BCM has 3 connectors from the wiring harness, the top one has many more connections than the bottom 2 which appear to be identical in pin count. If I let the truck sit for an hour or maybe a bit longer I can hear one of the 2 relays chattering on the BCM. Upon further inspection I found the relay chattering is causing my headlamps filiments to glow orange draining my battery. This fault can be remedied by either putting the key into the ignition (but not turning it) or by pulling the bottom connector on the BCM. Pulling the bottom connector disables the interior lights and door locks. They want $400 for a new BCM installed and programmed, but I think it is more likely a faulty relay or bad ground. I work in the elctronics field and have already ordered the 2 relays and intend on replacing them myself, but I think the relay is more likely a symptom than the root cause. I do not get any engine code faults from the computer. Frustrated..... [:@]

Quick Reply: 2002 Dakota BCM problems