2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

MSD Ignition

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 12:21 PM
chris0211
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSD Ignition

I noticed that a lot of you have MSD. Does that really make much of a difference? i was told that i might not notice anything and i didnt want to waste my time looking into one if there not worth it.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:51 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: MSD Ignition

makes the truck START alot faster and smoother. It also starts really fast and loud scares people if you have loud exhuast. I have remote start on mine, and when people lean on my truck (becuase i park it infront of the bay where i work and people love to watch us work on there cars) i can be really mean and start it.. and people useally jump out of there skin.

I only have MSD wires and a coil, going to be doing the whole setup sooner or later.

Im running Autolite 3923's 8.5mm MSD Wiresm, Blaster 2 coil.. and its mean.. didnt notice a change it MPG but did notice a change on idle and starting.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:45 PM
OneBadKota
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MSD Ignition

As said, the idle and starting. It's a nice little setup. If you do go for it and need/want to mount the coil sideways for any reason, use the high vibration coil.

Quick Reply: MSD Ignition