2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

tool box

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Stogies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tool box

Hi!

I have a 2002 Quad Cab Dakota and am looking for a toolbox. I really like the Geneva Sidebox III but it's half an inch too long to fit behind the wheel well. That sort of side box would be my preference as traditional tool boxes take away too much length from my truck bed. On the Quad Cab with it's already shortened bed I find that less than ideal.

Alternatively, a coventional tool box behind the cab would work if it was attached in such a way that it could be removed with reasonable ease when hauling bigger loads.

I have searched near and far and found a gazillion tool boxes but nothing like I described above, any ideas?

Stogies

Old 07-21-2007, 11:44 AM
gutted
Veteran
Default RE: tool box

I use a plastic tool box that I keep tied down in my bed. I can remove it when I need the full bed or in the winter time so I can put the sandbags as centered in the truck as possible.

I have had this one forever (I used it in my old Caravan for a while). I know they sell the exact same one in Wal Mart for short money.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Stogies

Hi!

I eventually did find a sidebox that was an exact fit, at Sears of all places. Called Sidebox III. Not cheap but a fit like it was custom-made.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:05 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

good to hear! i do have a box off mine for sale no clue what it would cost to ship...

Quick Reply: tool box