2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

My Tranny Fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:22 PM
spikejeff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Tranny Fix

2002 R/T, Problems with converter lock and unlocking. Check voltage on TPS,,.5v installed new one,.6v, modified old one-drilled out brass mounting sleeves- indexed it to spec,.7v. Set up TV cable to factory spec. Problem went away. Made a move on cable--still no problem-- re set cable to specs. Showed TPS was the real problem. To bad dealer$hip did not do this, they replaced tranny and torque converter prior to me correcting REAL problem.Thanks for an extended warrenty. Thought I would share this to help anyone else with same problem.[8D]

Old 08-24-2007, 11:35 AM
varsis
Record Breaker
Default RE: My Tranny Fix

Whats the symptoms for this? When it feels jerky because it can't make up it's mind for gear? Im not sure because I think maybe I have this problem. Sometimes it doesn't shift properly. Especially cold.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:00 PM
shiftmx

i just purchased my first dakaota yesterday. have never owned a dodge before. got a 2002 5.9 R/T with 54,000 miles. love the truck but seems to have this exact same problem as posted above. seems fine till it goes to shift into 3rd gear. shifts from third to o.d. back to 3rd then back to o.d. all very rapidly. does this every time. what are your suggestions for someone with no dodge experience?

Old 09-01-2007, 01:24 AM
shiftmx

took truck back to the dealership that i bought it from. the mechanic drove it and felt the problem. they flushed the tranny, made no difference. what should be the next step?? any response would be appreciated. oh... i didnt mention that the dealership i bought the truck from was a chevrolet dealership (so they really don't have much of a clue on my dakota.)

Old 09-01-2007, 08:03 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

sounds like your governor pressure sensor and or govenor solenoid is bad... swap them both and you should be good to go. had a similar problem in my 2000 ram and this fixed it.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:53 AM
shiftmx

finally.......... a response........... thank you!!!!! now ....could you point me in the right direction as to some parts ....... or where is the best place to buy what i need????

Quick Reply: My Tranny Fix