2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Exaust and Intake??

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Scales
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exaust and Intake??

What size of exhaust should be used on the V6 if you are going for gas mileage with a good rumble to it?

Old 09-10-2007, 02:03 PM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran

when i have mine done in a month or so i'm not going bigger than 2.5"

Old 09-13-2007, 03:52 AM
lil
Captain

I did Air Aide CAI works really well and adds mpg and power.....for muffler I did a nice Flowmaster 40 for a nice sound and added performance......full exhaust cost a lot for what you get unless you are going to beef up the engine there is no need really........if you are doing a V6 like Scales I would do the same I did on my 03 that was a V6 and it had great sound and good performance results.....no loss of low end and a nice rumble that is heard when you floor it and nice and low when idle at a stop....the CAI performs the same and is well worth the investment.....I have done both K&N and Air Aide......just my personal pref.....good luck guys

Old 09-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Chris
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 5 speed

since when did everyone here turn into a douche?
I end up answering this question, or the "How easy and how much will it cost to swap aviper motor into my Dakota?" question or "What is the biggest tire I can fit on my Dakota?" question at least 3 times a week. I don't know if you are a member of any other forums, but I take it pretty easy on people who refuse to search the questions before asking. Just consider it a friendly reminder.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:56 PM
threesixoh
Rookie

ORIGINAL: virused
"What is the biggest tire I can fit on my Dakota?"
since you brought it up, I have my eyes on a set of 275/60R17s, the tire shop that sells them claims they wont rub.

But to keep this from getting into a flame war, I'll stay on topic.

My truck came with a Flowmaster 40 and a K&N intake kit, which I've extended down into the passenger wheel well, but doing such means it's easier to get the filter wet, I'm going to have to take off the extension when it starts getting rainy all the time here so I dont f00k it up.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:44 PM
PeterLucas

so I finally got my exaust on, i ended up getting dual exaust, super 40, with magnaflow stainless 3" tips

sounds so much better!

Old 10-19-2007, 12:58 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

I was just wondering about this but has anyone every ran two exhausts on a v6? My exhaust guy here was like for 200 bucks il put a another exhaust on here with twin tips out the back add something nice to it apparently but I don't know. Currently I have a v6 with magnaflow. It's not very Loud, I think my header exhaust leak overwhelms it.

I wonder is anyone has the magnaflow on a v6? how do you like the sound and so on...

Old 10-19-2007, 03:21 PM
02dakotakid
Professional

im not sure what would be good on a v6 but i just had the guys at the muffler shop cut off my muffler and run the exhaust from there. so all i have is my cat. but i also have a v8 so it sounds mean as a caged cougar

Old 10-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Dak4Life
Rookie

I bought a Flowmaster original 40 with single in and dual out. does it sound good or what?

Old 10-20-2007, 04:10 AM
JBs DAK
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a company that sells Duels (Complete Exhaust) on E-bay all the time for all kinds of Daks.
Also at different prices with different mufflers that are way low in price. Might want to check it out.
Sorry, I can't remember the name but, if you search there you should find it.

Quick Reply: Exaust and Intake??