2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Switching from synthetic..

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 02:10 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Switching from synthetic..

ORIGINAL: jonnymagnum

I run synthetic and its around $50 an oil change and I do it myself. I dont trust the lil punks making minum wage to change my oil.

hey we get paid commision to. lol.

but ya, i always do my own oil changes, takes a good 2 hours to do... and if i did that at work.. i would probably get fired and the customers would be bitching up a storm, becuase they are missing there tea party at staceys 14 bedroom house.

i myself would rather pay 50$+ for a good oil change done by myself then a 15.99 at NTB, but my point was that alot of people think that 15.99 oil changes are expensive...

we even have coupons for like 9.99 oil changes... and i bet people would still complain..

ive ran a car in for a flat repair and i noticed his engine was nocking like crazy.. i poped the hood and checked the fluids and oil... oil didnt even register on the dip stick.. brought the guy outside and told him he needed to get an oil change, or atleast buy a couple of qts and fill it up. The sales people up front told in 15.99 and he said to expensive, but he bought a 50$ air filter for the pos.. and paid 20$ for the patch... when that engine siezes up im sure he will **** a brick when they say its going to be well over 3k for a new used engine...

Old 09-09-2007, 06:25 PM
SrtHemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: User2006

ive ran a car in for a flat repair and i noticed his engine was nocking like crazy.. i poped the hood and checked the fluids and oil... oil didnt even register on the dip stick.. brought the guy outside and told him he needed to get an oil change, or atleast buy a couple of qts and fill it up. The sales people up front told in 15.99 and he said to expensive, but he bought a 50$ air filter for the pos.. and paid 20$ for the patch... when that engine siezes up im sure he will **** a brick when they say its going to be well over 3k for a new used engine...

Gotta love ppl like that, has the dude came back yet..?

Old 09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: SrtHemi

ORIGINAL: User2006

Gotta love ppl like that, has the dude came back yet..?
No he probably went to Wal-Mart to get the oil change or the car broke down on the side of the road.. who knows.

EDIT: Btw nice ava..

Quick Reply: Switching from synthetic..