2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Some upgrades for a '00 Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 01:31 PM
06dak
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some upgrades for a '00 Dakota

I've searched and searched and can't really seem to find a straight answer on this odd list of stuff, so I thought I would ask in a mega-post...

1. Is there a way to flash the early 45RFE Dakota's to be 5-45RFEs? I know they did it in Grand Cherokees in 99-00, and I have heard that there was a change in TCMs between 00 and 01+, and I think starting in 03 the Dakota came with the 5 forward gears, but anyway has anyone done this? I drive a lot of highway miles so I think the extra OD would help me out.

2. Where did the DIY cold air intake write up go? Did it actually work? Or is it worth the extra $$ for a K&N?

3. Do you know if the plastic capped front bumpers from '01+ trucks would work on a '00, and would it be worthwhile? My front bumper is rusted through at the ends and I had heard this was a problem on the 97-00 parts.

I just picked up a 00 4.7 auto 4x4 CC Dakota this week with 80k miles on it and am making a laundry list of things I want to do to it (CAI, TB, Exhaust, cosmetic fixes - AKA rust fixes) to keep it running good.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Some upgrades for a '00 Dakota