2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

any wires under the seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 08:35 AM
paxmaster2000
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any wires under the seats

i am wondering if there is any wires under the front seats in the 04 quad cab? i want my bass shakers under there and don't want to have to remove the carpet to find out.
thanks

Old 11-11-2007, 12:28 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RE: any wires under the seats

i think the only wires are if you have the powered seats, i dont htink there are any others under there, ora ny reason for others to be there, but wait and see if anyone confirms this as im not 100%

Old 11-11-2007, 12:35 PM
RoaminGnome
All Star

Im suprised that no one here that has done some big interior work havnt posted yet. I am also 99% sure that there are no wires under there. I would even think that powered seats would be run be the door sills. Mind you i have like 3 options and power seats arent one of them.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:06 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

my durango has power heatsed seats and i think that the wires for them come up through the floor directly under the seats, i could check, but its cold and rainy out right now so id rather not

Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 PM
JBs DAK
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had every piece out on the inside of my '99 ext-cab. I mean EVERY piece!
No wires under my seats but, I didn't have power seats.
If, you want to run wires up to your radio under the carpet, just slice dead-center
under the drivers or pass seat a three-inch cut with a razor-blade. Take a steel coat-hanger, straighten it
out, tape your wires to the end of it, then snake it up towards the front of the truck.
Pinching the carpet along the way in order not to snag the coat-hanger and wires on the sound-deadener
along the way. Try to snake the Coat-Hanger along the bottom of the Trans-Tunnel where it meets the floor up to the front. There will be more slack there in your carpet than anywhere else.
Reach down after pulling back a little bit on the carpet up under the dash to grab your coat-hanger with the
wires attached to it... Done it,.. been there.
Also, you COULD run the wires along the Door-Sill, behind the Kick-Panel then, snake the wires up to the back of the radio
tying up the wires with Zip-Ties along the way. But, you STILL have to figure out a way to go from the Sill-Plate to under the seat without showing the wires. You would still need to slice the carpet under the seat I would think. Either way would work though. Good-Luck, take your time.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:39 PM
paxmaster2000
Amateur

thanks thant can't any better then that . i have no options . i am going to run my speaker wires from the amp under my rear seat.

Quick Reply: any wires under the seats